setting boost!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Emanuel, im talking about the silicon hose replacement for the oem hose (ones that expand)

with the small silicon hose for the likes of vacuum hoses.. you'll just need to buy it from autobarn or repco..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Adam, unless you plan on using HEAPS of fuel, i would invest in a S-AFCII or some form of piggy back engine management and pay to have it dyno tuned, as anything over 10 psi is going to dump lots of fuel as a pinging prevention from the ecu.. not to mention the decent gains from having one.

Another thing i would recommend is only running ~12-13 psi without proper piping / front mount intercooler, as the air at 13+ psi will be even hotter, basically cancelling out any power gain of having it up that high..

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
oh ok ill wind it down to 10psi mate dont want to take the risk. as soon as a intercooler kit is avaible on ozvr4 ill will be first to buy it

cheers guyes

G

Unregistered
Another thing i would recommend is only running ~12-13 psi without proper piping / front mount intercooler, as the air at 13+ psi will be even hotter, basically cancelling out any power gain of having it up that high..
So if we want to try lets say 14psi just for fun, winter is the best tme to do it then.
I was driving to work on wed or thursday and pressed outside temp on the MMCS and its the first time its hit 0 which beeped and then hit -1! ( at about 6.55am) The car loves it when it cold, well when its warm and outside is cold ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if u're upping d uuumppph... replace the stock psssccchhh.. it licks at 10psssst or more..

G

Unregistered
Yes good point, don't forget to install a EVO MR psssccccchhhhh
Now just got to find one.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
thanks lee i was getting worryed then well i of the the garage to install it ill let u know how i go just going to follow the how to install boost controller on hear! ill make sure the mbc is turned all the way off when i install then turn in 1 full turnes at a time . thanks for the help guyes

Where is this "How to install boost controller" on here?

I realise it's pretty straight forward but this is my first turbo car and I have NFI... I'll rebuild ya carbies easy though :p

My turbotech turned up today ;) (and my car pc parts) but that's a different story.

Also I might have found an evo 8 BOV for almost nothing. (also another story).

GeoVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
Galant VR4
hello everyone :) i like your web site very much and i have tougt from it a lot :) i drove on galant vr4 1999, runs very well, i made MBC and AMS boost gouge and its stock boost in on 0.5bar in first and second gear and in third gear it turns on 0.6bar, when i am making boost up it runs very well on 1.1 bar, doesn't have any fuel cut or something like this, and someone told me that don't run on 1.1 bar, it will demage your engine, is it true? can i drive on 1.1 bar in third and fourth gear? my Galant has onli cat bak by kakimoto racing and HKS air filter,intercooler is stock also :) please told me something about it :) i will be glad to send me an email:) dato_ebralidze@yahoo.com please share me ypur experience and knowledge :) on 1.1 bar my galants runs better than BMW E39 M5 with 400h.p.

G

Unregistered
It's not fine, your charge temps would be through the roof. So many people skip important supporting mods. You should only attempt to up the boost on a dyno to watch the AFR's. If you up the boost and you have dirty injectors or a sticky FPR, your going to be running lean without knowing it.

While people will say "it's safe to go to 15psi" how do you know YOUR car can do it. There are so many variables to consider, and for a car which was never released in australia, i wouldn't want to be sourcing a new engine or trying to get someone to rebuild it because i didn;t want to spend 350 bucks on a decent EBC and a dyno

GeoVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
Galant VR4
in our country there is no DYNO :( now i am running on 1bar and it runs like e36 m3 3.2 from 10-190km/h

Top Bottom