Shipping my car from AUS to NZ?

G

Unregistered
Hey all,

I have a job opportunity in New Zealand (6 month contract), and I wondered how difficult it is to ship a car there? Is it worth it?

Reason is I've spent a bit on my car and like driving it, I don't want to sell it or store it for 6 months. I know you can chuck your car on a ferry down to Tassie, I wondered about New Zealand :ROFLMAO:

Anyone done this kind of thing? Do you need to fully register it etc. over there? Any info appreciated!

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
You would be better off selling it and buying one over there. They are so cheap and there are so many of them. Your better bet is to do what one of my mates did. Bought a rotary here and took that over with him and tripled his money by selling it over there.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
just go to trademe and wander around on there to get an idea of the prices. For only 6 months I wouldn't bother.

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
You need to find out about importing rules now, as you cant import vr4's into New Zealand and register them on our roads. But since you have owned it in aus maybe you could. Do some homework first though.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Just buy one when you get there then sell it when you leave. Cheaper than shipping yours there and back!

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey...your going the wrong way!! We Kiwi's come this way....not the other way!! ha

G

Unregistered
You need to find out about importing rules now, as you cant import vr4's into New Zealand and register them on our roads. But since you have owned it in aus maybe you could. Do some homework first though.

Any ideas where to start? Is there like an NZ Roads website, or its more around Customs? I'm lost here!

G

Unregistered
the money you will spend sending it over getting it complied and registered,
and then sending it back when your done, and the waiting time each way,
why would you bother,

you can pickup a cheapish vr4 for 4k over here and sell it again when you leave.

if you plan on staying here take off your hot bits and bring them over,

the cars are a common a mud over here.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
It can be done, but it's not worth the cost or the drama.

Top Bottom