Shudder when accelerating and turning left

G

Unregistered
Howdy everyone, recently the leggie has developed a shudder when accelerating whilst turning left (so loading up the right) feels like its coming from the right front wheel. Any ideas what it could be? CV? wheel bearing?

Cheers, Bart.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Bart a vibration could be either CV or bearing, but they produce different sensations and sounds. If you throw it into a hard left-hand turn and take the car out of gear does the vibration go away? If so it's CV. If not I'd be inclined to look towards wheel bearing.

And if you do end up replacing / reconditioning your bearing, I recommend doing all four corners, not just the one that's got the issue.

G

Unregistered
cheers guys, car is an auto, ill try that little test with pulling it out of gear round a corner, will let you know the result :)

Cheers, Bart.

G

Unregistered
Ok it would seem that the vibration is a cv. when coasting hard around a corner the vibration ceases, but when in gear and accelarating, it is there instantly.

Next question is where can i get and how much is a new CV!? is there a kit available with everything needed?

Cheers, Bart.

G

Unregistered
Any ideas for costs and part no.'s for CV's? Nothing in the parts guide!

G

Unregistered
As far as we know you have to buy complete driveshafts as there isn't a listing for the CV's unless you can find somebody to rebuild them. UK price is in the region of £450 each.

G

Unregistered
lol, whoa! thats alot, think trying to find someone to rebuild them is the only real option, coz 450 pounds is pretty crazy.

Thanks for the info though ;)

Top Bottom