Skipping Gears

ejrapurado

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Eduardo
Drive
N/A
Hey Guys,

Just had an issue that seems to be getting worse and wanted to know what you guys think or what you guys have done in the past to fix this.

Car: Legnum 1997 COTY

Transmission: Automatic

KM's: 114xxx

Issue: Finding that the gears are slipping betweek 2-3 and 3-4. Only started happening since i disconnected my battery to do some electrical work and re-connected it. Any help or info on this would be good.

Thanks.

Ed.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Either that or absolutely low on transmission fluid and or pressure leakage on one of the hoses

Or you have fried/loose connection on transmission ecu

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Drop your oil and replace it with genuine SPIII. This should be your FIRST point of troubleshooting.

There are a few reasons this can happen..... Wave springs busted, low or old fluid restricting pressure, sensor failure etc.

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Wow, jump right to the worst guys.
If it is exactly how you described, it is due to the fact these auto trans' like the Magna's adapt to the way the car is driven. So if you drive softly, the trans will always shift low and shift soft. If you drive it hard the changes will become snappier and further in the range. What has happened is that the Trans has lost it's memory when you d/c the battery. The way to fix it, drive it like you always do and after a couple of days it should settle down again.

ejrapurado

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Eduardo
Drive
N/A
Thanks Jon. You were on the money. Cars back to normal after a few days driving.

Thanks again guys.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
It could only be due to this, if the box needed rebuilding it would have been happening before d/c the battery. Glad it sorted itself out. $$ free problems are the best haha.
Only started happening since i disconnected my battery to do some electrical work and re-connected it.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
My car used to do the same thing, gears themselves wouldn't slip out, just the changes were labored.

Top Bottom