membership musta run out.

why the change? just cause?

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
WTF x 10000....You just got the car tuned and wanted recaros and stuff...anw hope the r32 is as good as the vr4 :)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Ohhh no not another bloody Nissan! Not even a GTR! Sad times

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Hahaaaaa yes I understand the reactions, I've always wanted an r32 since forever, most are quite ratty these days and this fairly stock one came up in gunmetal and when I say immaculate.....I mean reallyy immaculate:) it's something I can track in the future also, and spares are easy to come by, being a mechanic and having to work on my car in my own time, it's now nice to have a simple rwd setup to work on....no bloody transfer cases to pull out with gearboxes for clutches etc, very easy to work on so it just all made sense to me

These days my thoughts on cars in general have changed alot, I've only been driving since 2007, I'm 22 and this is my 5th car, I've had rwd turbo, fwd turbo etc.
I drive for my enjoyment, because I love the physical act of spirited driving, and as awesome as the legnum is, it simply is not a sports car, it's a well designed wagon with a ballsy motor.
Although they handle and go amazingly well for their size, driving the 32 I can already feel a superior chassis and driver feedback...,and that's what I'm chasing these days.

I'm still hanging around coz eveyone on here is awesome, easily the best forum IMHO
Plans are to build it up fairly modestly but with the best all round gains, only looking for 220-240 rwkw, but am going all out on suspension. Anyhow that's for later. I'll still be around but thanks for all the help and good times in my legnum ownership ozvr4 :D

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Post up some pics of the 32, have a soft spot for skylines having owned 2 before the galant I had a MR30 & R34 I also have a soft spot for the V35 Skylines also. Glad to see you sticking around on the forum.

Phil

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So you don't have kids, you already have an AWD turbo car (the WRX), why would you need a legnum, i get it completely, especially the RWD, nothing wrong with Nissan's IMO either, good luck with it

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
It makes sense in a lot of ways, I briefly considered putting mine up for sale to get into a 180 type-X. But I swapped with my mate for two days (drove his type-X, he drove my Legnum) and although it was faster (had a lot of work done, 230rwkw) even in two days I got sick of being back in a 2-door car. It was fun to do a couple of skids and to be in a 'sports car' as you say!

If I didn't love having a wagon to put stuff in and go camping and put people in the back seats, I would probably be following you into a Nissan 2-door for ease of modding. Also call me a dickhead but there's something nice about having a car that not many other people have got :p

Anyways get the new Legnum owner on here! I'm sure you can get some good Nissan advice on these forums too lol, seems to be plenty of ex-owners (and a few current owners?)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
It makes sense in a lot of ways, I briefly considered putting mine up for sale to get into a 180 type-X. But I swapped with my mate for two days (drove his type-X, he drove my Legnum) and although it was faster (had a lot of work done, 230rwkw) even in two days I got sick of being back in a 2-door car. It was fun to do a couple of skids and to be in a 'sports car' as you say!

If I didn't love having a wagon to put stuff in and go camping and put people in the back seats, I would probably be following you into a Nissan 2-door for ease of modding. Also call me a dickhead but there's something nice about having a car that not many other people have got :p

+1 to that, except the weird wagon stuff :p

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
The way I see it, we've cut straight to the chase and bought the "no compromise" car with the perfect mix of fasts, practicality & (since we're so JDM yo) just the right level of obscurity & subsequently aggressive mildly quirky styling. It's ultimately where all the boy racers end up after they've had their stupid fast coupes and want something that isn't useless for doing anything but driving quickly, going deaf and tearing your face off on corners. Don't get me wrong, I'd like a BNR32 on coilies with kazama this and cusco that as much as the next jap car obsessed guy, I've just skipped that step entirely and bought what they all end up with.

Let me know when you spin your first big end bearing Zach :p

P.s. Let me know when you buy another Legnum too...heh

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Lol Volk I guess I went the other way round,..I did the sensible thing first.... I'm fairly hardcore though...happy to drive in a car with no interior or stereo and a cage to work everyday. The legnum was a compromise because I couldn't get exactly what I wanted at the time. However after owning one Ive found they're great cars etc. Just not PERSONALLY what I want. I have no dramas owning a no compromise crazy car, or driving it daily for that matter, always have, always will.

P.s already spun my first big end....a long time ago in an sr20 lol. This 32 willbe getting the full treatment so might swap in a 25/30 and it will be rebuilt. No spun bearings on this car:)

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
P.p.s stereos are over-rated, they get in the way of daily noise diagnostics :p

You've redeemed yourself with the promise of said built 25/30. I vote step up a notch to 26/30 with Tomei 2.8 guts & T04Z. Jeez man, you're gonna be poor ;)

Completely understand going the well trodden rwd route, Legnum will never compare for aftermarket support and ease of modification. My bro has a built widebody S15 with all the fruit (x terc, was a hpi feature car once) and I'm really jealous of the stupid array of shit he can get off the shelf everywhere.

Ps...pics ;)

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Loll yep loving it so far.. Going to hit up eastern creek skidpan once I've got it all sorted, will get pics up ASAP just been flat out at work today, tomorrow should have a chance to wash it and take some pics, its a gunmetal r32 with gtr bodykit and n1 front lip. Was for sale on jdmst for those interested

Top Bottom