Springs???

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey guys was wondering if anybody knew what springs would suit our cars?? I have numerous ones on yahoo auction (RSR) and was wondering if these would be compatible. Also anybody know if king spring make some to suit our cars??

Cheers

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
king spring do make some to suit our cars. I have a set of front kings in the shed somewhere, came with the car. I haven't found out if they have springs for the rear end, but I will be looking for some soon

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
king spring do make some to suit our cars. I have a set of front kings in the shed somewhere, came with the car. I haven't found out if they have springs for the rear end, but I will be looking for some soon

the king spring isn't suited to our cars.. it does fit, but not properly.. I believe it is more suited to the i4 USDM cars.. as the spring rates just really low (soft)

Chris, I must apologize, I dont mean to sound like I'm always contradicting your statements, but I just thought I'd put in my inputs as I've previously used the Kings Springs on my car..

also tried it both on the oem dampers (front and rear) and as well as on the ralliart version..the spring doesn't seat on the damper properly, causing it move.. then the rear.. it fits.. but its just too soft.. if you have a legnum and 2 passengers.. it'll look really low..

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
How about the RSR ones you can find on yahoo auctions? Would they be very low as well?
Anyone has any idea?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I wonder if they are the same I had Christian? Because mine were great apart from being to low for my driveway, they rode really nicely though, definitely a lot firmer then the OEM springs I replaced them with.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
No idea about the RSR ones but DIMI had some springs custom made in Sydney for his Legnum. Maybe PM him for costs

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Anything on yahoo japan that has EC5W or EC5A in the description will fit our cars just fine. There are lots of brands to choose from.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I wonder if they are the same I had Christian? Because mine were great apart from being to low for my driveway, they rode really nicely though, definitely a lot firmer then the OEM springs I replaced them with.

honestly, I'm not sure.. I remember using the part numbers from what RPW used.. but the ride height wasn't good.. the fronts were higher, due to the springs not sitting properly, the fronts looked ALOT higher than the rear..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive

honestly, I'm not sure.. I remember using the part numbers from what RPW used.. but the ride height wasn't good.. the fronts were higher, due to the springs not sitting properly, the fronts looked ALOT higher than the rear..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
tein do some nice springs too, esemte had them on his galant.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Japanese Import Spares have a set of RS*Rs in stock at the moment. They won't be overly low, but they'll look better than stock at least.

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Hey, can anyone help me.
I just had a bad experience with adjustable coilovers and am over the whole stiff ride too low thing!
Just want my car to be a finger lower at the rear and 2 fingers lower at the front without scrubbing and still reasonably comfortable.
Will getting custom springs on the standard shocks achieve this?
Thanks
-Rob

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Possibly, or you could just wind the coilovers back up and set the dampening to soft..?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Thats what I'd do - adjust the coilovers to suit, thats why you nuy adjustable coilovers!

Top Bottom