Stancetards

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
I like the heavily lowered cars with demon camber, they remind me of those cartoon pictures you see with oversize wheels and too much camber.

r32-3SI.JPG
510.jpg
ae86-1SI.JPG
evo2wrcSI.JPG
evo5wrcSI.JPG
r32-2SI.JPG
nd too much camber.

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
With every trend people will inevitably try push the envelope to be lowest or most camber or most stretched. Reminds me of people who don't know when to stop getting plastic surgery.

081027-plastic-surgery.jpg

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
I like the heavily lowered cars with demon camber, they remind me of those cartoon pictures you see with oversize wheels and too much camber.

Those are cool because they are caricatures and are deliberately trying to look 'silly'

CARICATURE : a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of persons or things:
any imitation or copy so distorted or inferior as to be ludicrous

"Stance" cars are trying to look cool / good and are not caricatures therefore they FAIL big time.............

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
Lol im guessing noones actually looked on there then. Aside one poster :)

None of the european members cars sit like that evo. I did think you guys would be a little less judgemental as I know you guys have a cool laid back look on modifying

Its only the japanese members which have posted cars like the evo. And as I know you guys are quite into the whole hellaflush style this was just an open invite for you to show how its done down under :)

Wasnt really expecting this thread to go this way. Lol

The evo was just to grab your attention, maybe should have posted a VW haha and according to the owner that evo still achieves full lock so its not fully pointless :p

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
When you posted that photo of the evo I had a feeling the thread was going down this route. Only in Japan would you see something that extreme. They seem to allow people to express themselves without all this hate backlash that exists everywhere else in the world. After all it is their car and they can do to it what they want. It's just a car after all, made from pressed steel and assembled in a factory, much like a toaster or a fridge. They saved their money for it and spent their $$$ modifying it.
An evo it is yes and we attach reverence to it because it's fast but it's just a car, one that isn't too rare either.

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
@pugme

The reality of the situation in Australia today is that to own a modified car that looks really nice you have to be smart. Cops will pull you over and scrutinise anything that looks to them defectable, whether it is or not. I would love to roll in some Work Meisters with a bit of lip on the Legnum but my head tells me that they are just too good looking. I know that sounds stupid but I just don't want to be standing on the side of the road arguing with someone who will try ping you for anything and everything else while he's at it, just so something sticks. The beauty of the Legnum/Galant in my mind was that it totally sneaks under the radar as a performance car while at the same time still looking good. - 'those wheel arches, lights'

Hot rodders have been getting around this situation for some time by 'club' registering their cars. Their cars need to be older than 25 to be eligible but the rules are VERY relaxed when it comes to modifications. They basically just have to be 'safe' and well modified. From what I understand this is approved by the club appointed engineer/inspector.

You do however see Japanese classic cars at shows very regularly nowadays sporting club reg plates, a lot of them are what you would call 'stanced'. I am yet to see demon camber make an appearance and I can't see it happening either. No club appointed inspector would sign off on that.

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
Some examples of cars from all Japan classics day in Melbourne.

IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_1273.JPG
JapaneseClassic033resize.jpg
JapaneseClassic034part2.jpg
JapaneseClassic039part2.jpg
JapaneseClassic057part2.jpg
IMG_4248.JPG
IMG_4249.JPG
IMG_4250.JPG
IMG_4254.JPG
IMG_4257.JPG
IMG_4270.JPG

This RX7 Daytona is an original car owned by my friend. Aesthetically it is a true survivor car - original paint, original wheels(yes originally fitted with Simmons as wide as a Diablo). Engine is not original however.

IMG_4282.JPG
IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4286.JPG

This R31 was a bit of a standout rocking Corvette wheels.

IMG_4289.JPG
IMG_4331.JPG
IMG_4336.JPG
IMG_4344.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG
IMG_4352.JPG
JapaneseClassic039part2.jpg

All the burgundy and white number plated are cars 'club' registered vehicles.

JapaneseClassic057part2.jpg

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
Oh I see, that definately sounds like ball ache!! U guess my car wouldnt last long on your roads!! Lol

Im lucky in respect that I have a van for work, another car for shopping trips etc and my legnum is just a toy I get to play with and take to cruises and shows.

Generally speaking if I get pulled over by the police there normally pretty cool and understanding that im swerving around the road to avoid dips and holes, there would normally be a bit of piss taking (from them) but as long as the car looks safe and the wheels arent blatantly rubbing (mine only rubs when I hit a dip in the road) there usually sound and just want to have a look at the car. Having the correct attitude as a modified driver towards the police helps as well :)

But either way, you may quite like some of the less cambered cars that have joined up and posted pictures, the name is what it is because the group of friends that created the club (myself included) are all stupid as shit!! Hahaha

Im gonna repost some of them classics tho on there, if thats cool. As who does like a bit of retro jdm looks like a good show

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Come on to an Australian VR4 forum and post a picture of a ridiculous evo in the UK... How did you think this thread was going to go?

People have the right to express themselves however they want, and everyone else has the right to express to them that they think it's stupid.
We aren't their mothers, we have no obligation to reassure them how special they are, no matter how much we like cars.

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
Cough the evo isnt in the UK cough

Sorry had to clear my throat :)

But I for one appreciate how much work has gone into getting that particular car to sit and drive like that static. I know how much work ive had to do to drive mine as low as I do and it wasnt easy or cheap, 51 polybushes for a start.

When you are trying to advertise something would you use a mediocre average picture or would you use something extreme. But again, as I think ive said I was only posting up on here as ive seen some good fitment on legnums on this site and I thought you guys may be interested to join in with a widely varied bunch of enthusiasts who are just sharing shits giggles and fitment :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
People are entitled to like or dislike whatever styles blah blah. Just keep it civil, guys. Life's too short to waste time and energy hating stuff.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Loving some of those old school JDM cars, especially the black GTR with RB26...

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Whoa, so many uptight people in this thread we need some WD40. The current attitude towards modified cars in Australia is this; "bigger intercooler, exhaust, conservative wheels and only front splits, NO REAR SPEAKERS, then maybe some lowered springs, if you deviate from this template, you're impractical and ruining a car, even though you own it". It's kind of annoying everything is such serious business here, especially on internet forums.

I respect anything that makes me go "cool, that's different". Just because I wouldn't do it to my car, doesn't mean it should be burned and condemned.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
tumblr_m2belgKPU71r6o71qo1_500.jpg

Hellademonstancedcamber

Top Bottom