Steve Jobs: Dead at 56

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Yeah, I kinda agree Paul. iPhones are a pretty handy bit of gear. They do pretty much everything you could want them to do...

well everything except cure cancer of course.

G

Unregistered
...and play flash. fuck that's annoying! one of the main reasons i went android. however im changing phones shortly so its time to re-think options (and no im not getting a galaxy)

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Im of the opinion that anyone that hates apple hasnt spent the time to use the gear. It all works very very well, is presented well, is very easy to use and apart from a jail broken iphone and os x lion, rarely crash. Which cant be said about vista or 7. Since movin to os x over a year ago. I only use windows(xp) for gaming on my dual boot imac

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Also. They tech is always 1 step behind in the computer world

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
yea but there are other products at least equal to iphones etc - its just apple managed to be first to market with them. This annoys me because apple charge excessive prices on their products when there are comparable products around but apple fans pay this becuase they are so blinded by their love - bloody good business model but.

Also, to say you dont know what all the fuss is about, sure he didnt cure cancer but he was a revolutionary in the personal computer scene, almost single handedly brought about personal digital music (ipoods etc) and managed to be first in the smart phone area. What price do you put on the happiness, joy etc that he brought people that bought apple products over the years - im also sure that technologies apple developed have infiltrated things like the medical industry and brought advancements there

I hate apple and was not a steve jobs fan but looking at the bigger picture, I have some respect for what he achieved

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
yea but there are other products at least equal to iphones etc - its just apple managed to be first to market with them. This annoys me because apple charge excessive prices on their products when there are comparable products around but apple fans pay this becuase they are so blinded by their love - bloody good business model but.

Also, to say you dont know what all the fuss is about, sure he didnt cure cancer but he was a revolutionary in the personal computer scene, almost single handedly brought about personal digital music (ipoods etc) and managed to be first in the smart phone area. What price do you put on the happiness, joy etc that he brought people that bought apple products over the years - im also sure that technologies apple developed have infiltrated things like the medical industry and brought advancements there

I hate apple and was not a steve jobs fan but looking at the bigger picture, I have some respect for what he achieved

summed it up pretty well there. i underlined the bit that also annoys me. if you worked with him, you'd love the marketing plan, if you were his competition, you;d loathe it. thats what makes a successful business/man

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg

QFT

He brought that company back from the brink of failure (Not single handedly, but as CEO he had direct accountability for the direction of the company). You had to admire what he managed to acheive. Not bad for an adopted, uneducated bloke IMO :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yes, it's all about their marketing. Their products are too high-priced for what they do, & I find the OS X whatever it is to be so annoying to do simple things that were a pinch in Windows.

I made my ex-wife get a Macbook Pro in the hope that it would be easier but she still managed to fuck it up completely & I got so frustrated trying to do things on it.
The best line though was at JB Hifi when looking at them as I queried that it only had 2 USB ports.
JB Guy: "Why would you need more than 2 USB ports?"

& please don't get me started on iTunes..... eugh.

He actually brought Apple back from the brink by doing the one thing that infuriates Apple fanboys. He brought in Bill Gates & a huge wad of his money.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Who the fuck is Steve Jobs? mmm, I had a tasty apple today, it went well with my KFC leftovers.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Yeah i guess its the same with anything. Its what u know. Os x shat me off bad when i first switched. Had no idea what i was doin and still struggle with sht i can do on a windows machine easily. But its a whole dif language. Fckn unix or
Linix. I think its unix.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Excuse me but, has anyone tried to put songs on an ipod? It is the most frustrating thing. I have an 8GB Iriver and all I have to do is copy & past or click and drag, with my wife's ipod I had to install itunes then figure out how to use the fkn program. It's shit easy if you want to buy songs but its a prick to add songs from your HD.
I don't mind the iphone but ipods are shit

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
The problem with Apple is their marketing. Yes, it's what built their empire, but it's a doubled edged sword. They catered to all the tech-noobs and hipster retards, which is great if you want to move a lot of products. But it also gives them the reputation of being simplified and not at the fore front of cutting edge technology. If Apple products weren't marketed as a fashion accessory, they would be looked at more kindly by most people.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
rob, iReckon (lol) that itunes is easy to use. plug in iDevice, select songs in library, drag into device. or drag the songs into a new playlist and then drag the playlist into the device

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
The problem with Apple is their marketing. Yes, it's what built their empire, but it's a doubled edged sword. They catered to all the tech-noobs and hipster retards, which is great if you want to move a lot of products. But it also gives them the reputation of being simplified and not at the fore front of cutting edge technology. If Apple products weren't marketed as a fashion accessory, they would be looked at more kindly by most people.

????? Iphone & ipod. that tech was introduced by apple(ipod only that shitty scroll wheel. At the time there was better mp3 players with more features like mass storeage device). Same goes for Itunes store and app store as far as im aware apple developed this tech/idea. Imacs are behind in tech but fuction very well still as a pc not gaming machines or servers.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I'm a apple fan..I have had my Mac for 5 years now and its still in awesome working condition..nothing ever went wrong with it..and I love the iPhone too...such a good screen and is very user friendly..I will neveer go back to a windows..and apple products are not that highly priced..in my experience they are worth it cause its a more durable and well developed product. A friend of mine bought one of those $500 toshiba laptops and it just died (absolutely) in 6 months!!! She has now moved onto a Mac and swears by it...

I guess each to his own..but you cant disreagrds his marketing strategy and business models...its second to none!!

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I like both. I'm a consumer whore. Why take sides? Macbook Pro running Parallels Desktop + Windows Gaming rig = sorted.

RIP Führer Jobs.

⌘FTW!

Edit: I don't use iTunes. Cannot stand it for the fact you need to sync everything, can't just add a track. However, there's plenty of iTunes alternatives which let you do exactly that.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
actually, are there any other music devices that automatically sort the songs like the ipods do?

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Not sure quite what you mean by sort... You might want to look at the Creative lineup. Not sure how their prices compare to Apple but so far it looks like they are essentially the same thing even down to what the software does. (syncing, allowing you to purchase stuff, add tracks etc)

Don't take my word for it though. My comments come from what I have seen of my Wife's ipod vs my Creative Xfi-2
actually, are there any other music devices that automatically sort the songs like the ipods do?

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Edit: I don't use iTunes. Cannot stand it for the fact you need to sync everything, can't just add a track. However, there's plenty of iTunes alternatives which let you do exactly that.

You dont need sync everything. U can sync 1 song or 1 album or 1 play list or 1 artist. I too hated itunes. Loved winamp and media player 9 or 10. Would much rather still use em. But im now used to itunes and the ways it does things. Its sync's everything as far as what u hae selected and everytime u plug in, backs up and ensures nothin changed and needs to be synced again. - just incase u wanna return back to itunes.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
????? Iphone & ipod. that tech was introduced by apple(ipod only that shitty scroll wheel. At the time there was better mp3 players with more features like mass storeage device). Same goes for Itunes store and app store as far as im aware apple developed this tech/idea. Imacs are behind in tech but fuction very well still as a pc not gaming machines or servers.

I'm not actually sure what you're asking about iphones or ipods as question marks come after questions.

Nothing Apple created was invented by them. Most of the iphone technology regarding touch screens was developed by Palm Pilots and Pocket PC's. MP3 players were around way before the ipod. My old Nokia 5110 had a built in MP3 player. I bet they will claim they invented voice recognition and dual aerials with the 4S. To me it's all a bunch of over hyped marketing so Apple users can wank themselves off.

Top Bottom