Sub questions.

NinjAClowN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Vr-4 96 galant
Can any 1 tell me if theres anything i need to do to the box/sub to face the cone into a slot port box. is there any benefit of doing so? just thought it would give me something to do while im waiting for the glue to dry properly on my box...

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
If the box has been built with the displacement of the sub included, then its not worth doing it as it could effect the sound of the sub.

Also I would let the box dry for at least 24 hours, if not 48, to let the glue fumes go away, otherwise they could eat the glue on the sub and make it fall apart...

J

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
What J said.... Changing box displacement by flipping the (in a ported box) will change the box tuning.

By all means try it out, sometimes it sounds better. But if it was designed a certain way for a certain sub it will more than likely sound worse :)

If you turn the sub around, remember to change the wires around so the sub will fire at reverse polarity otherwise it'll sound retarded

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
If you turn the sub around, remember to change the wires around so the sub will fire at reverse polarity otherwise it'll sound retarded

My last couple of head units have allowed you to "reverse" the polarity via a menu item. Pretty handy really when trying to get that "sweet" spot in sound.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
My last couple of head units have allowed you to "reverse" the polarity via a menu item. Pretty handy really when trying to get that "sweet" spot in sound.

Yep, which is better for the sub as it works as it should but just changes the phase so there is no delay etc

NinjAClowN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Vr-4 96 galant
The sub didnt come with the box. its an older clarion side port box and a 12" polk momo sub

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The sub didnt come with the box. its an older clarion side port box and a 12" polk momo sub

Haha, its a trial and error then bro :)

See what sounds good... Add some sound dampner to the box to make the volume smaller etc etc until you find the perfect sound for the acoustics of your car

NinjAClowN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Vr-4 96 galant
meh i just like the thump rattle rattle thump. i just had the sub sitting ontop of the box upside down and thought it might be something to try....itd look cool ill get some pics up if i can tonight.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
meh i just like the thump rattle rattle thump. i just had the sub sitting ontop of the box upside down and thought it might be something to try....itd look cool ill get some pics up if i can tonight.

Hehe, no dramas man.... If you like the sound of it and it looks cool then go for it

I think we may just be a bit pedantic about the whole thing lol

NinjAClowN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Vr-4 96 galant
well it allready goes harder than my friends mtx 12" (roadthunder)
and i got it on sale for 200 bucks

Top Bottom