Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
My Tacho seems to be intermittently flailing around the place and eventually just dies and sits on '0'. It only happens occasionally and sometimes I don't see it happen at all.

Has anyone had a similar issue and fixed it?

Thanks heaps!

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Isn't that to do with ignition? I didn't that would have anything to do with it (n)

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
They have a habit of failing (due to heat) and when they do, the tacho stops working altogether.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Isn't that to do with ignition? I didn't that would have anything to do with it (n)

I did mean to reply.

The tacho actually is fed the rpm signal from the ifs module not from the ecu. I drove around for a few weeks without a tacho and ifs fixed it straight away. I've also had ifs modules fail completely and lose all spark and tacho completely. There is a way to bypass it so u are not left stranded but the result is no tacho but car will run fine.

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
I did mean to reply.

The tacho actually is fed the rpm signal from the ifs module not from the ecu. I drove around for a few weeks without a tacho and ifs fixed it straight away. I've also had ifs modules fail completely and lose all spark and tacho completely. There is a way to bypass it so u are not left stranded but the result is no tacho but car will run fine.

Ahh ok, makes sense :) Thanks for the info man!

I'm gonna grab one now ;)

Top Bottom