Team4G Christmas Cruise, Sunday 13/12/09 (Melbourne to Apollo Bay)

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Hi guys- I hope it is o.k for me to post this her on OZ VR4, but I thought i'd extend an invitation for anyone to join us on our annual Christmas cruise, which is often our biggest cruise of the year! The cruise is open to anyone who wishes to attend, Mitsubishi or not.

MEET: STI Docklands, Sunday 13/12/09

TIME: 10am. Departing 10.30am SHARP

DESTINATION: Apollo bay for fish and chips

WHAT TO BRING: Friends, family, money for lunch, good attitudes, responsible drivers, sun screen, CB radios, FULL TANKS OF FUEL

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Dickheads, heros, try hards and cars with half filled fuel tanks

This year we are cruising to Apollo bay inland via the ottways twisties, then via the Great Ocean Road on the way home. Please be aware that you will need at least a full tank of fuel for the day, as we are driving approximately 400km for the return trip. Come prepared as we WILL NOT be waiting for people who are un-prepared. Maps will be provided on the day, in case anyone finds themselves lost.

Disclaimer: Team4G.com does not take any responsibility for any persons or vehicles behaving in a dangerous or idiotic manner. This is a cruise, not a race- so please be sensible and be aware of others using the roads.

If anyone has any more questions, please make them be known! Please post up if you are interested in attending..........

dre

cruisemap.jpg

Past cruise pics, (thanks to SIVART)

img75721s.jpg

gsr30.jpg

gsr28.jpg

1000554jb8.jpg

1000559gw7.jpg

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I should be free for that day :) It's a great twisty run between Colac-Laver's Hill-Apollo Bay.

My best excuse halfway during the week-long honeymoon @ Cape Otway in September was I needed to refuel.

In Colac.

Good times, good times :D

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
There should be a pretty good turnout to this one- and yeah its an awesome drive!

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1996 VRG Galant->1996 Galant VR4->2002 Galant GLS->1998 Galant VR4
Wish i was in oz for this :( have fun boys !

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I did so many runs between Horden Vale - Apollo Bay (Horden Vale is where we stayed on a property... basically halfway between Laver's Hill and AB) just for the hell of it.

"We need bread babe? No worries, be back in half an hour" :D

Just linking a series of fast turns and powering through the corners... unless of course you come across the accursed "frangipani sticker" or "rental car sticker" of DOOM AND GLOOM.

*gnashes teeth*

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
List of attendees so far! Keep 'em coming guys!

Attendees:

-Entaran
-JayRome
-Gooch +1
-SIVART +1
-CLuTZ
-G5R5OL
-MNTL
-misubisu
-Bazeng
-Squiddy
-brettu26
-BuzzPuppy +1
-BYBY5L
-ShaunEVO
-MADEVO +5
-evopwr +2
-trist
-JSTYLE
-kaotic
-Marty@KnoxMitsubishi

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
cool bring on the cruizes they are everywhere at the moment, great when clubs can get together, but sorry dont think i will make it for this one :-(

we went to the Melbourne meet, and got stuck behind the slow coach and left behind grrr lol

great group of guys thou was a good day.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Don't worry Wes,I'll try to make up for it on this run ;)

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
List updated- got another late model Galant VR4 coming- anyone else keen on a nice sunday drive? Bring the family! Koala spotting on the way back!!!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'm trying to tee up a mate or two... one of them may bring his V35 Skyline 350GT along. His first ever grey import and it's a sweet piece of metal :)

I drove it for the first time last night (albeit 500m from the pub back to a mate's place) :D

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
Nice work! The more the merrier!

List updated again! Got an EVO 10 MR from Knox Mitsubishi coming along for the cruise- should be a cracker of a day!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I could maybe meet you guys at Colac! What time you planning to be heading through there?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Not sure... it's about 2 hours outta Melbourne now with the Geelong bypass... although drivnig through Ford country could be entertaining.

I usually fill up on 98 @ the BP (with a lot of curious stares) in Colac before turning off and blasting to Laver's Hill en route to Horden Vale where the missus and I like to take a break :)

Andre, nice score with Knox Mitsubishi by the way! My Dad may be starting with Chadstone Mitsubishi (after a good stint with Burwood Mitsi) soon so we'll see what happens.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Well if there's a meet point or something in Colac let me know where it is. I'd prob get there about 12ish and wait. Pretty keen for this as that bit of road is my favourite, and I'm not doing anything on Sunday. Might see if I can convince my mate with his TX3 with Familia GTR running gear to come along. We'd end up pulling him out of the trees but it'd be a good laugh.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
So pack a snatch-cable and tow-hook? :D Would be good to meet up Tim.

VR4S

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
00 Galant VR-4 Type S:(Momo,Recaro&Sunroof Packs), Short Shift Manual conv's with Front Helical LSD
+1 (My Team4G Username is EVO-07)

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Well if there's a meet point or something in Colac let me know where it is. I'd prob get there about 12ish and wait. Pretty keen for this as that bit of road is my favourite, and I'm not doing anything on Sunday. Might see if I can convince my mate with his TX3 with Familia GTR running gear to come along. We'd end up pulling him out of the trees but it'd be a good laugh.
Hey champ!

Will be heading down for the actual meet I know it is closer to just meet at Colac but have a couple of cars going down your most welcome to tag along.
On way back planning to turn off at Geelong.

If your not doing anything lets make a mini cruise down etc.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
Yeah that's right we won't be actually going through colac- after we get off the Geelong bypass we turn off and start heading towards the coast. If you enter in Lorimer St Docklands into Google maps then get directions to Apollo Bay, this is the actual route we are taking.

dre

GSRSOL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
CD5A/CE9A Hybird
looking forward to a nice big fish and chip shop burger in apollo bay tomorrow! should be a good day of driving...

Top Bottom