The Legnum's "Perfect" Wheel Alignment settings between great wear and great handling....

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
It's the Ranter.. hey people...
again...
Apologies for the waffle on...

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and ... wishing you a completely awesome New Year in 2020!!!

I'll add that my findings are stock height suspension settings... and as a daily driver with multiple speed settings and many different (Sydney Roads anyway) terrain variables.
Found that my Evo 6.5 TME responded to very much the same settings.... lol... funnily enough..though she is set up a lot more aggressive...rear toe is much more toe in... lol...

It's where I feel that the Leggies are just perfek!!! Long distance cruisers and windy road animals...

Current car is a 68,xxx KM Legnum I imported through Iron Chef 3 years ago that had 23,400km on the clock with FULL service history and was literally a garage queen... manual... and was the find of the last decade... cost me over 19.5k landed but that's why I love these cars so much...
Currently stock tune but with 17" Enkei Evo 9 wheels with 235/45 pilot sport 4 tyres (Brilliant Tyre I just cannot recommend highly enough just buy them people!!!!!!)

Back story:
Bought a set of Michelin PS4's to go on my Evo 9 Enkies...to cover my Brembos... that don't squeal..(lol). etc etc...
38,000+km later I'm showing about 50-60% wear rates across all 4's...
Yes I drive spiritedly....++
Every 10,000km I get the wheels rotated... wheel alignment on all 4 checked and reset... and tyre pressures done.
Note: I inspect my tyre pressures weekly...as well as other stuff like all fluids etc... yep... I'm a thorough bugger...

I took a note off the Evo Service manual, and the Legnum Service manual and messed around with the figures over quite a few km and two different cars to create a relaxed car to drive, and a car that can be pushed hard through corners at will...
Unlike the TME which is pretty Gnarly either way.. getting my Leggie to have that balance was a little bit tough.
Last thing you want is an edgy bastard of a daily.... emergencies happen, and sadly... stock, The Legnum won't handle that sort of inertia thrown at it. Physics rules here...
bottom line...
She's a bit of a porker...

anyhoo... here is my last settings... Perfection for the wagon just quietly...XOX
Any comments please add hey...

Big Cheers
Steve

20191226_204402-1.jpg

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Are you sure you felt a difference between those 2 alignments?

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Its a long term thing bro...
Slight tweaks i made over time... and yes you do feel the difference. Especially with the rear toe in....
Huge difference in the cars handling... and tyre wear...

Top Bottom