The OZVR4 Chat Thread

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
all the pics of this car[with the legnum] are in the last one or two laptops laying broken on the floor in the spare room.,[ will see what happens ]

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
I think the local policeman likes my car..... he saw me coming up the off ramp off the freeway (I could see him staring), while he was at the lights going across the overpass. I stopped at the lights (as you do) and he got the green, where he did what looked like an illegal u-turn and drove down the road (the female officer was staring as they turned). As I got the green to turn right across the overpass, I could see in the rearview the policeman had now done another u-turn and would be coming up behind me when his lights turned green.
My place is near the freeway, where I have to do a u-turn at the next set of lights(legally) to gain access to my shared drive. The policeman followed me and did a u-turn there also, and proceeded to follow me until i turned into my drive, where he slowed down and watched me drive down.

Anyone else had similar things with cops? I assume it happens with skylines and stuff alot, but with vr4s?

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
You should have asked him if he was lost and needed directions. Sincerely of course.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
HID lights? Probably didn't have much on and wanted to see what the flash looking car would do.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i got pulled up after being at the park with my son

cop: "what are you up to mate?"

me: just finished at the park with my boy

cop: i see, license now please

me: here you go, and the receipt. it expired but I've paid it. waiting for the new one to arrive (only submitted it a day or two before)

cop: well you better chase it up its still not gone through

his cop mate walks around the car, i just be polite and hope to get on my way and not have to get a roadworthy or something
they were cut so hard i had a valid license, there were looking to dick someone for sure. i tried to have a chat and be nice but they were in some sorta dickhead mood. i can only imagine them driving around all day bored shitless and bam i've come up unlicensed and they've gone woo and celebrated in the car before even talking to me, then found it to be valid

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
We don't have a first world problems / whinge thread so I'll use this one.

Got home after a 2 week trip away and the Legnum battery is flat. OK no worries I'll just charge it up and should be fine. No luck, it went flat again before getting a chance to drive it. No worries I'll drive the Galant until I have time to replace the battery. Galant has a cracked rim...which started leaking now. OK I'll just swap the battery from the Galant to the Legnum. Hang on, the Galant has bigger battery terminals won't be a quick job.

I'll just ride the motorbike instead. Oh no room for my work or gym gear on a sports bike!! I will swap rims from Legnum to Galant. Unfortunately the Legnum is in the corner of the garage I can't fit a jack under it being so close to the wall hmm...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I stopped whinging long enough to push the legnum into a better position. Galant is happy with the replacement wheels but the Legnum is a sorry sight up on stands. Should be theft proof at least. :)

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Ordered a new Optima battery, will pick it up this morning. Went to swap tyres from the TE37s to my spare set of Evo 7 rims in preparation. One of these is cracked too!! The Legnum isn't going anywhere argh.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Just spent two weeks on Rarotonga, Cook Islands and spotted 6 Legnums over there. Only one looked like VR4 but that was from a distance. This was parked at the airport. ST-R with monster taco.
20150928_202953_LLS.jpg

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
This one had no head rests, and exhaust is held up with jack chain.
2015-10-01 16.40.12.jpg

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Isn't the speed limit there only 50 anyway... Safe without head rests.

More importantly... How many Toragos did you see?

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Yep 50km for cars, 40 on a scooter without a helmet. 50 with a helmet. A few Toragos several Stageas,1x R32 GTR and 2 WRX's. Not one evo. While we were there several people crashed during their Motorcycle licence test, and no it wasn't me. Matter of fact one crashed into a police vehicle. lol. Now the law has been changed and a helmet must be worn for your licence test as most tourists think this a practice run. Wouldn't want or need a flash car over there anyway.

Top Bottom