The OZVR4 Chat Thread

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well I learnt yesterday what happens when your mobile phone flies up & cracks you right on the ridge of your nose between the eyes.

A fair amount of blood loss.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
As some of you may be aware, I work for a UAV/Drone company as my 2nd job. Well we have just diversified our business and launched a new website, check it out
http://vuas.com.au/aerial-imaging/
All footage and pictures on the website were taken by us with our equipment.

And here is our original website for the training side of our operation
http://victorianuastraining.com.au/

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
I remember seeing a guy down at Police Paddocks a couple of years ago with an extremely powerful hexa-copter or octo-copter. Way bigger and more powerful than the normal hobby grade types. Was that you?

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
No that wasn't me/us, I have flown at PP many times but not with drone stuff, just my own personal r/c stuff (electric ducted fan jets mainly, and a few helicopters)

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
Your username is familiar now that I think about it. You are on RCGroups as well with the same name? I cannot put a face to the name at the moment though. Probably would if I saw you. Do you ever drive your Legnum to PP?

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Yeah same name on RCG, didn't get a chance to take the Legnum to PP, was there in a rather faded red Mazda MX6 though lol

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
My Japan Odometer Check came through by e-mail. Was immediately overcome with fear. "If I open this document I may be depressed for some time. Alcohol will be my only friend"... Literally started sweating. Tentatively opened the pdf. and BAM, good news. 59.000kms - last recorded odometer reading. (71.000km recorded on time of first registration in Australia.)
I am so f#$%ing happy.

(On an unrelated note I think that maybe I let trivial matters influence my emotional state to an unhealthy degree)

I'm gonna go have a beer or two and ponder that issue.

Japan Odometer Check website http://www.japaneseodometercheck.sto.my/

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
The car was originally imported and complied by Kamikaze motors. They sold it to a guy who owned it for a year or so and rarely drove it according to the service receipts for it. Then my mate bought it off that guy. He also rarely drove it as he uses a work car and also has a classic Dodge ute. So it has been here for four years and only traveled 18.000km in that time.

Now I have proof of mileage when I come to sell it so that is a bonus.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Hi guys, a few weeks ago we took the drone out for some more film work, this time for ourselves to see how we go filming a car at speed. Yours truly got the job of "Stig" and my WRX got to steal the show, was such awesome fun spending the day driving and being chased by the hexacopter. Anyway here's a sneak peak of some of the footage we took

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Awright. If you can bring a drone camera, we need to organise a long-overdue OzVR4 cruise.

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hi guys, a few weeks ago we took the drone out for some more film work, this time for ourselves to see how we go filming a car at speed. Yours truly got the job of "Stig" and my WRX got to steal the show, was such awesome fun spending the day driving and being chased by the hexacopter. Anyway here's a sneak peak of some of the footage we took

Cool stuff mate! I work as a cinematographer for a film production company and we hire drone operators for lots of our work. We do all of Canon Australia's promotional videos, so have been flying the Canon 1DC. Cool to see some other people offering 4K too, are you flying a GH4?

Check out one of our latest releases which has a bit of drone action in it! All shot in 4K

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Getting married today and using my car to take myself and the groomsmen to the wedding at Redcliffe. #aintno-thing

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Cool stuff mate! I work as a cinematographer for a film production company and we hire drone operators for lots of our work. We do all of Canon Australia's promotional videos, so have been flying the Canon 1DC. Cool to see some other people offering 4K too, are you flying a GH4?

Check out one of our latest releases which has a bit of drone action in it! All shot in 4K

Nice work! To be honest I don't know what camera the guys were shooting our vid with, I left the technical stuff to them for the day, but the drone was our own APP6 hexacopter.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
going to the adam parer funeral tomorrow [hangliding and fire brigade] it will be big -but the best bit, is i go in a 22b 2 door subaru replica. but mutch meaner ==whos driving home me me me

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
wow he wouldn't let me drive it but what a very quick car but clunky with lsd diffs, ha even has the roof scoop for fresh air[ 2nd ride in a wrx , the first one was in 1997] they go ok i think but the legnum is much more comfortable

Top Bottom