Theres a lot of Cusco Coils available

G

Unregistered
hey guys

i was searching through the auctions via tokyo prestige and there are a lot of cusco coils available...

personally, being a fresh fish, dont know much about them...

anybody here run them?

p.s i am looking for tein superflex wagons but thought id ask about the cuscos

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
From what I can tell the Cusco Zero 2 are the best out there, much better than the Teins

G

Unregistered
oh really yeah i did see them... zero 2's... do you know much about their weights?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Personally i think the best rates for a Legnum that will be 99% street driven are 8kg front and 5kg rear. Anything higher and it will be too stiff for everyday comfort.

G

Unregistered
yeah those weights sound right... i guess im looking at the quality of each product and price comparison

G

Unregistered
Can you put up some links with Legnum specific cusco coil overs?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I've been in a Galant with 12kg F and 8kg R around town and it was fine. Haven't trashed that car around a tight series of corners on a rural road, but according to the owner it handles very well. Personally I prefer short sharp hard hits over bumps in the road than a long soft bump which just makes you feel sick.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
From what I can tell the Cusco Zero 2 are the best out there, much better than the Teins

Noticed there's Zero 2E & Zero 2R available. The 2Es are compatible with the E-Con electronic damping force controller.

2Rs are the top top of the line, but looks as though our cars are not compatible from reading their PDF... just can get the Zero 2s..

G

Unregistered
So by the looks of it the Zero series are not available for Legnum? Only the vacanza series which look very basic.
So we would have to put in set of Glant specific zero's in a Legnum?

CuscoVR4coiovers.jpg

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea that's what I was thinking Emanuel.

I noticed it didn't actually say Legnum in there for the zero's, but is there a hell of a lot of difference between Galants & Legnums for fitting suspensions ?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yea that's what I was thinking Emanuel.

I noticed it didn't actually say Legnum in there for the zero's, but is there a hell of a lot of difference between Galants & Legnums for fitting suspensions ?

I have a Galant, and the markings on my Tein HAs say EC5W (Legnum). So they will be the same.

Not meaning to be a smartass or anything, but there seems to be a huge amount of discussion on this forum about coilovers and which ones are the absolute best for the cars. But how many cars here actually see a track? All these high end features aren't going to make much difference (a) at road speeds and (b) without professional setting up and a lot of trial and error.

I wonder how many people opt for the absolute best coilovers they can find, then set them up themselves or only opt for a standard wheel alignment.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Legnum and Galant are interchangeable, but if you look at the table above, it shows that Galant has a 12kg front and 6 kg rear option whereas the Legnum has a 8kg front and 5 kg rear. Although these are different ratings, the difference between the rears is much greater on the Galant as it is 50kg lighter in the rear.

It is best to get EC5W for the wagon, there is a reason they make two different types.

VR-4-PLAY

Crunching Gears
First Name
Dave
Drive
'02 Legnum Type V
checked on CAPS/ASA and the front coils and shocks are common between the galant and the legnum, but on the rear only the shocks were common, they came with different coils. Makes sense.

Interesting part is that there are different part # for the front springs between autos and manuals, maybe due to the weight difference?

G

Unregistered
I have a Galant, and the markings on my Tein HAs say EC5W (Legnum). So they will be the same.

Not meaning to be a smartass or anything, but there seems to be a huge amount of discussion on this forum about coilovers and which ones are the absolute best for the cars. But how many cars here actually see a track? All these high end features aren't going to make much difference (a) at road speeds and (b) without professional setting up and a lot of trial and error.

I wonder how many people opt for the absolute best coilovers they can find, then set them up themselves or only opt for a standard wheel alignment.

Yeah I get what you mean there...im not busting my chops to find the be all and end all of suspension... however, i have sought advice from various people across various brands and the main consensus comes back to tein's and or cusco's...

I guess my last thoughts come to price... i dont suppose anybody knows what a set of zero 2's would go for? or has anybody ordered any in previously??

Thanks for responses :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
TBH I don't think you'll notice a difference between Tein, Cusco or ISC. I have Teins in the Galant which are great, I have ISCs in the Silvia and they seem fine too.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Just to give you an idea...

Cusco ZERO-1 Hyper Rubber Coilover Suspension - $2254
Cusco ZERO-1 Pillow Ball Coilover Suspension - $2617

TEIN Super FLEX-Wagon Damper Coilover Suspension - $2671
Tein Super Wagon Coilover Suspension - $2069

I beleive the new Super FLEX-Wagon are the old GT-Wagon Coilovers.
Spring rates on the Super Wagons are 5KG Front and 3KG Rear
GT-Wagons were 8KG Front and 5KG Rear.

Will have to look up the Cuscos.

All prices are at current exchange rates and delivered to your door

G

Unregistered
yeah thats what i was looking for :)

thanks tim...

i was already sold on tein super flex wagons 8kg front 5kg rear

but since ive mentioned it a couple of guys told me to look into cuscos...

G

Unregistered
Jesse Streeter: Superflex Wagons $2400 :)

Top Bottom