niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
Looking at buying a Magna - but not juts any old Magna :

Sprintex supercharged AWD Magna :)

Anyone know anything about thme - are they as good and under-rated as I have read ?
Supposedly 226kw and aroun 6.0secs 0-100 !!

G

Unregistered
I would honestly just buy a mofidied VR4 instead.
or get a stagea RS4, get 300kw cheap and easy as piss and never have a drama (other than ugliness)

Pros of the Magna? I guess maybe its cheap?

most of the generous magna reviews come from magna fiends who just think they are the best thing since sliced bread, much like us and our VR4s haha.

In saying that, I have seen Blown magnas make some good figures, The AWD ones handle alright but are very heavy and often have the 4spd box but a manual would be nice.
Big car, cheap to insure, not tooooo difficult to work on and you can find parts at any wrecker in Aus.
Good looking too.

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
Yeah its cheap. Cheaper than any Legnum and way cheaper than a Stagea

Its a 3.5 and I have read 500hp is easy. But mainly want it for the low-down grunt of the supercharger and as a bit of a sleeper.

Oh and its a 5 speed auto - the same as the Legnum afaik

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I'd take even a stock PFL auto Legnum (add paddles) any day over a Magna...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Big brother? More like distant frankencousin made from leftovers ;)

Jokes aside, the 6G74 can sound pretty damn good and make decent power, I still wouldn't buy a Magna. They're cheap for a reason.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
I'd rather have a 380.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Supercharged 380 motor in the AWD Magna...then convert to manual.

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
If you asked on a Magna forum you would be having a lot of people telling you to get it.

G

Unregistered
^^ Cons - Worse fuel economy than a legnum. the RB20/25 drinks fuel.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
My housemate has a 34 gtt, it's ridiculously economical. Like 10 litres per hundred in stop start traffic.

G

Unregistered
You reckon?
My R34 GTT got way better fuel than my legnum.

My housemate has a 34 gtt, it's ridiculously economical. Like 10 litres per hundred in stop start traffic.
stagea's are based on the r33 version of the RB20/25, with the r34 i believe they would of made some slight alterations to the motor and it's overall characteristics, not mention the NEO RB is a whole different kettle of fish.

Top Bottom