TJ VRX or KJ Verada...?

Aussie_Wolf93

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brodie
Drive
'93 Mazda B2600
The car I am looking at is a sedan - KJ model VRX AWD
Motor has ironblock with supposedly super strong bottom end - very under rated - and (also apparently) easily capable of 500 turbocharged HP.
But yes you are correct about the heat - from further reading it turns out that Sprintex themselves were basically on the limit when they produced this batch of cars due to excessive intake temps.
Its not a project car so it would stay standard anyway unless it either wore out or blew up or I won lotto.

If I sell my RS and this car is still available then I will likely grab it :)
if it's a VRX it would be a TJ, the KJ is the Verada
pretty much all the Verada models swap the T in the series badging to a K

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
The Sprintex kit was really poor for reliability from memory. Plus the add-on ECU + 7th injector was a crap setup.

Better off getting a 380 motor and transplanting it into a Magna with a manual box... My mate has done this, also put in a LSD diff... I reckon it would give my manual Galant a run.

Only advantage I have is ability to launch hard.

Aussie_Wolf93

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brodie
Drive
'93 Mazda B2600
Or just get a whole 380 and don' the Fagna :D
Actually the 380's seem to be getting a reputation for driveline/electronics problems, mitsubishi keeps trying to pass it of as ECU/TCU
the engine swap is ok though
Take it from someone with family who worked with Mitsubishi, they are good, strong vehicles

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
Well the whole idea of getting this is that it is not a project car - I just need a good daily driver with an auto.
I don't think you can get better value for money with this car - 226kw, AWD, only 10yrs and 130,000kms old and 6.0 secs 0-100 for $4k !!

But I can't sell my RS so its a moot point :(

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
and as for fagna, this place is supposed to be about enthusiasts coming together to discuss and support others in their motoring choices
so it's Appreciated if you kept trash like that away from here

Matty is a veteran on here. Guess emotiveness does not convey very well from a keyboard.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
lol..

IMO.. regardless of what Mitsubishi you buy.. you will love it.. simply because it turns you into a mechanic and through out the years of owning it.. you'll probably know how to pull it apart with your eyes closed..

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
I
lol..

IMO.. regardless of what Mitsubishi you buy.. you will love it.. simply because it turns you into a mechanic and through out the years of owning it.. you'll probably know how to pull it apart with your eyes closed..
And thats the only way to do it..

Top Bottom