Throwing codes

Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
So i just started getting CEL coming up on dash yesterday, the car had some work done a bit over a week ago for rego and ill be heading back to see them again but in the mean time, I checked the codes (added video) and i seem to be getting a shite tonne.
ABS: 15, 21, 22, 24 and 32 (couldnt see that on the list)
CEL: 41
AYC: 41
Its been struggling with a weird idle since the work they did no real cold start and drops down til it nearly stalls then idles sometimes at 600-700 others 1000 before it use to idle high 1000 but stable. Also has some flutter in the response in throttle response and under boost is has a weird flat spot through it hard to explain.

Im thinking some of these issues are related to each other any thoughts ive done some digging on here as well but being so many codes i thought id ask as well. Any thoughts would be great.

laters

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
I have no idea if related but I remember putting LEDs in my stop light, after that I had christmas tree on my dash board and remember getting similar codes from abs. About CEL, would swap injectors and about AYC Id just throw it to nearest bin and get open/LSD lol

drivingbear3

98GLNT
First Name
Daniel
Drive
Yamaha R3 and 1998 Galant VR-4
No way AYC aint that hard. Just gotta find the sensors. Gsensor and wheel sensors. My AYC wasnt working when i got my car $25 at Meek and it was fixed. Some times you need the pros

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Just a quick reply. Remove power by disconnecting your negative connector from the battery. Then thrn on your lights to drain residual.

Then after 10 seconds turn off lights and reconnect the battery terminal this should remove all error codes. Watch for those that comes back

As for the codes...

CEL AND AYC 41, normally occurs when tps is engaged (accelerator pressed or grounded momentarily)

As for the ABS 15 and 32 could be anything more sinister. So keep an eye on this

21 22 and 24, just rhe ABS speed sensors on 3 of your wheels. Could've been wet at one stage when you started the car.

If the above persists, you may want to start looking for spare parts. Specially abs speed sensors as they are hard to come by

Possibly 7G (e54a) model galants may fit or the USDM models (ea1a)

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Have you driven the car at all? Some mitsis won't clear ABS codes until you drive over X kms, usually 20kmh I think.

Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
yeah drove it around on saturday a little will be driving it again today. it did rain over night when i did the check. ill send it back to the shop see if they can sort it.
i did an ecu reset a few days before the errors popped up. i was hoping that might help the idle out that was before the errors came up tho.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
yeah drove it around on saturday a little will be driving it again today. it did rain over night when i did the check. ill send it back to the shop see if they can sort it.
i did an ecu reset a few days before the errors popped up. i was hoping that might help the idle out that was before the errors came up tho.

just do the ecu reset, see if the code comes back. saves you time from driving up there and back also possibly $$

Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
i took it back to shop today they ran there diagnostics on it and picked the same faults i got. needing it for work everyday atm cause my other car is on club rego and there aint no club reasons to drive it lol. hopefully they can find the probs its running like poo from at least 1 of the faults :(

drivingbear3

98GLNT
First Name
Daniel
Drive
Where did you go? The bloke at Meek didnt just read my code but fixed it no charge coz it didnt take much. He knew what to fix

Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
got it back and all the faults are sorted had a few things happen, an injector plug came off which wasnt like that until week of driving and they seem to think it was some gasket goo or somethibg they put on 1 of the gaskets got on a connector or something i dunno anyway they sorted it the hell out. the shop was 4mance at artarmon they didnt charge me for going back finding the faults and didnt hesitate to do it for me and they owned it. so cannot complain with that at all. one other guy that works there has a legnum that and being walking distance from work made it the easiest choice.

drivingbear3

98GLNT
First Name
Daniel
Drive
got it back and all the faults are sorted had a few things happen, an injector plug came off which wasnt like that until week of driving and they seem to think it was some gasket goo or somethibg they put on 1 of the gaskets got on a connector or something i dunno anyway they sorted it the hell out. the shop was 4mance at artarmon they didnt charge me for going back finding the faults and didnt hesitate to do it for me and they owned it. so cannot complain with that at all. one other guy that works there has a legnum that and being walking distance from work made it the easiest choice.
Thats Awesome. Sorry i didnt reply for so long. Blew my diff so i been busy. Good service to sort it properly at no extra charge.

Top Bottom