Timing Belt and Water Pump Recommendations

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey guys what should it cost me for a timing belt and w/pump change? The timing belt kit comes with T/belt kit Legnum V6 / Tensioner, 4 seals, 2
BRGS, 1 belt and costs $515 plus w/pump $99 and labour $600. Is this rite? anywhere i can get all this cheaper with labour?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Aamir, if you are doing timing belt / water pump do the full 100k service. If you are paying labour, about $600 sounds right, $1200 total going on others posts.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I know of places that charge A LOT more than that if you include the water pump replacement in with the Timing belt.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey Lee but the issue is I cant cough up the 2.4K quoted for a full 100k serivce. I can only afford about 1.4k now. So I thought of doing the t/belt, water pump and AYC first. Do u reckon this is ok or I should do amo other part of the 100K service first??

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey Aamir personally I think 2.4k is too much for a full 100k service. Most workshops talk shit. Shop around dude and do some things yourself like filters and fluids.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
don;t go to a performance shop for a service, go to good mechanic. its just a quad cam v6 at the end of the day, nothin special

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Well surprisingly I got this quote from Meek Auto and everyone on this forum recommends them highly.I too was a bit surprised at this quote..I'm in the newcastle area so know of any other good mechanics I could go to in Newcastle or Sydney? and what should a 100k service cost approx?
Thanks

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
As probably the person who's been to MEEK the most, I highly recommend them. I no longer have the receipts for the 100k servicing (had it done twice by them) but be prepared that yes it is not going to be cheap. Timing belt, water pump & AYC would be a must. The first time, I provided my own timing belt kit & water pump as they hadn't done it before on our cars. I believe the water pump is the same as the FTOs?

If you can find someone half decent in Newcastle to get it done, then the best of luck to you & post on here where you went to. I couldn't find anyone other than half trained monkeys.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Aamir why don't you source your parts from Ralliart NZ and get Meek to do the rest. This might work out cheaper for you.

Top Bottom