Towbar

G

Unregistered
So that others don't go through the same hassle, can you post a list of the places you have tried in Victoria that turned you away?

Jeff Denmeade

Idling at the Lights
First Name
JEFF DENMEADE
Drive
EVO 8
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but Ive been chasing a towbar for our Legnum, not having a good time with it,to be honest.

After reading on here about Halls Towbars, I called them and asked who would stock their towbars in Sydney (they are in SA), and the guy's answer was so incredibly rude it blew me away, his response was "how the hell would I know?"

I asked if they made towbars (now a bit sarcastically), and if so how do I go about getting one off someone in Sydney for my Jap-market Mitsubishi, his response was even ruder with a "wouldnt have a bloody clue!".

So I then corrected him and told him I believe his answer would be, "dont know, let me go and ask someone", or "we can send the towbar directly to you and you can have someone install it".

Anyways, hung up, shook my head at the terrible customer service we get here in OZ, and left it alone for a while.

Finally got going again on the idea and headed out to Carasel Towbars in Moorebank in Sydney, and took the car to show them, they were nice and polite, came outside and looked at the car and crawled around underneath it and came back with a "no can do", metal is too thin at the chassis railes where they need to bolt it on.

Admittedly this is one groups opinion which could be governed by the amount of work they have on and how much they can be bothered with, so Im still on the hunt for a tow bar to tow our evo 8 rally car.

Who can help and do it in Sydney? Anyone know?

Jeff D.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Galant 2.5 V6 year: 2000 unbraked: 500 braked: 1200

Legnum towing weights from NZ AA association. but it just says for 2.5 v6 (which means possibly FWD). so I'd think the AWD TT would be able to go a bit higher.

Top Bottom