Towbar

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
I've been recommended Halls from another owner (not on the forum) so it's where I'll be taking mine.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Was wondering about Halls here in SA - think I may be hitting them up when the new house is built, will be many a trip to the landscaping supplier then :S

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Fairly happy with the Halls bar fitted to mine.
Flat 7 pin plug and normally have the tounge off, so you don't really see it.
They did however leave the bolts for the AYC pump out because they are into the chasis rail, and they obviously had to slide the towbar into there, should get around to fixing that up....

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
**Update**

This may or may not have been covered yet but will confirm it anyway:

The apparent towing capacity is currently 1200kg.

I just found out that it is the tow rating for a "Mitsubishi Galant 5dr s/w 2WD 2.0" or similar.

Our tow rating should definitely be higher. From my understanding (i could be wrong), tow rating might be based on the design of the towbar, how many mounting points it has, and where it exactly does mount.

Can also confirm that 'Sunshine Trailers' no longer do our cars, the guy has def retired. When I rang, the person I spoke to had no idea what car it was dumbfounded.

Looks like NZ is gonna have to be the best bet! Buy a towbar and get a towbar place to fit it i guess?

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
so guys have we found one in sydney??? or is it up to me... lol... =]

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Well ive just picked my car from wynnum towbars in brissy and theyve done a great job! Tow rating of 1200kg!

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
Hey all...

I found a place on parra rd, leichhardt, $480, and he has done legnums b4, and will do cheaper if we get more than one done...
Another place in Auburn will do it all including fitment and electrical wiring for around $330 (he claims)...

Im going to the one in Auburn tomoro to him him my baby and will see what he can do and exactly how much, etc.

PM me if there are any interested sydneysiders and ill see what can be done for ya'all...

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Possibly interested

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
ok guys,

i went to a place in Auburn, and he can fab up 2 types...

1) 1200kg one where they will remove the rear bumper = around $500
2) 900kg one where the bar doesnt get removed = $330

This price is for one only, but said depending how many are interested they will do a discount as its a custom set up and they would save quite a bit by doin more than a one-off.

They both come with ball, electrical wiring, and also have removable tongue so it aint noticeable when u aint using it...

So Syd boys and gals, show me ur interest, so i can get back to him and get us all an even better price than what i believe is an already great price... =]

Regards,
Michael.

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Michael, Great work! i've been meaning to sort myself out a tow bar, count me in for the cheap one.

Tom

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'm in for the $500 one, but what does it mean by taking off the rear bumper?

G

Unregistered
Be careful that the $330 option isn't just bolted to the bottom of the spare wheel well. It would be worthwhile to clarify that with them first. Some places still persist with that for low-rated tow bars and it's a real nasty way of attaching them.

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
Be careful that the $330 option isn't just bolted to the bottom of the spare wheel well. It would be worthwhile to clarify that with them first. Some places still persist with that for low-rated tow bars and it's a real nasty way of attaching them.

Okiez, the $500 one requires the removal of the rear bumper, so it can be attached to the chassis of the car on both ends, hence why its $1200kg rated. It also costs a lil more cos of the extra work associated.

With the $330 option, one end is attached to the chassis, and the other end gets attached to the bottom of the tyre well and frame at side of tyre well (or therebouts), hence why the 900kg rating...

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
also i forgot to add with the $500 option, they said that they could go thru the bumper (cut into it), if i was worried bout it bottoming out while towbar tongue is fitted, as mine is lowered...

Just a heads up anyways for you to all explore your options... =]

Top Bottom