Transfer Case

G

Unregistered
Does anyone know if the transfer case of an auto is the same as the manual one??

G

Unregistered
ok that probably explains why they pinched it.

G

Unregistered
sold the engine to the car dealer that sold Brocky his car and he had to take it to his workshop to get the engine out but it came back with more bits that looked like they had been "exchanged" but it will be difficult to prove. Should have known better than to trust a salesman.

G

Unregistered
it appears replaced, so i fear its condition because they also "replaced" the turbos which we agreed they wouldnt and they are shot.

G

Unregistered
If I read this right you got the mech to remove your engine and they did but they swaped out your transfer case (condition unknown) and swaped your turbo's for a set of stuffed ones???

If so approch the MTA in your state if you can prove it and they cant disprove it they will lose their business licence as well get some hefty fines. ALL states have very similar mechanical laws so see if anyone else has had this problem as well as what they did.

Pm Me if you need a hand to convince the work shop as most of my mates are workshop managers or chief mechs in car dealerships so i can get some help from them.

G

Unregistered
thats shit, go round there and put a cv shaft through his head..
i hate dodgy pricks like that, that pisses me off.
ok rant over!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ben I'm with Tom, we all know the condition that engine was in, if they've stolen your parts that is theft and fraud. Its not just a civil matter it's criminal, talk to a lawyer dude, you can report them for criminal charges and also take them to small claims to get your items back.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
find out the info then confront the place. let them know that you are willing to allow them to just give you the parts without you needing to take things further.. scare em.... if they dont give what you payed for back, then take it further. you will win and can also have them pay your legal fees.

G

Unregistered
i'll see what i can prove. It was the Import Auto Centre car dealership in Logan so beware. Apparently one of their cars had a blown engine and they desperately needed a new one to replace it with.

G

Unregistered
Have a look at the bolts holding the transfer case onto the chassis and look at the tail shafts going into the transfer case. No matter how good the mech was he/she will have removed dirt and grime build up so check the bolts that they should not have touched. This will tell you if they have done what they should not have.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Thomas, I think when Benny asked about it, the transfer case was actually removed from the g/box..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
find out the info then confront the place. let them know that you are willing to allow them to just give you the parts without you needing to take things further.. scare em.... if they dont give what you payed for back, then take it further. you will win and can also have them pay your legal fees.
Actually be VERY careful about this - in fact if I were you I'd get legal advice before going forward with anything like that. If you are aware of someone doing something illegal and you threaten them with it or make them aware of it whilst trying to gain something from them, then that is bribery and it carries fairly severe penalties too. You don't want to end up down that road.

If you become aware that they have done something criminal, contact the relevant police department or a legal representative to report the crime. You can then make them aware that the relevant authorities have been informed, but you want them to return your parts or you'll also be seeking damages in a civil court. That's no longer blackmail as the crime has already been reported and they will be investigated no matter what they do. But if they're smart they'll realise that cooperation at that point is a damn good idea.

Anyway, I'm not qualified to give you legal advice, so my best recommendation is for you to seek it for yourself.

Top Bottom