QLD TTFreak aka Dan // GC - QLD

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Hey guys...I finally made it here! It's great to be part of this ever-growing community. I was lucky enough to find and purchase a low km Red Super VR4 Galant (which was originally intended for my wife as I have a '32 GTR). However, as she still prefers her little 4B (for parking reasons mainly), I've been driving the Super around more frequently of late, preferring the smoother, more comfortable drive over my somewhat hardened go-kart of a GTR (maybe I'm just getting old).

Well, just a short note to introduce myself and I look forward to touching base with you guys soon.

Cheers,
Dan;)

ps. I have uploaded some pics to my album if your interested.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Very rare car that you've got there, and welcome:)

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I wondered where this car had gone. Very rare and extremely low kays to boot if i remember rightly. Enjoy mate.

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Thanks qball. With the exception of the rear lights, it's bone stock in every way. The next step for me is a set of Black Koya Zeus 19" rims. Good luck with your sale--a giveaway at that price!

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Yep, 35,000k's when we got it, which sounded too good to be true but I had my GTR mechanic do a thorough check over it and he told me there was very little wear and tear and even if the kays weren't genuine, then it had been looked after extremely well.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Welcome Dan.

You've picked up a very rare spec. Red is already one of the rarer colours and then in Super VR-4 spec ... wow!

I think I know that car you bought. It had around less than 40k on the clock.

I totally understand the whole old fart thing. Like you, I went for the all round goodness of the VR-4 over a previous ride that was far more narrow in focus. Havn't look back!

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
mmm that thing is hot...cant wait to see what it looks like with some different wheels.

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Thanks Bruce, I don't think we actually realised how rare this model was at the time. Just in the right place at the right time I guess. I wonder how many more Red Super Galants are in Aus?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
mmm that thing is hot...cant wait to see what it looks like with some different wheels.

x2, but with OEM series two tailights too

welcome too btw, nice wheels on the gt-aaah

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
As soon as the current rubbers wear out, I'm "allowed" to get new rims...

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Thanks Paul, I actually tried the GTR wheels on the Galant but alas, incorrect offset. I'll have a look through your offset guide when I'm ready to buy as I've heard they can be tricky to fit.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
My all time favourite Super VR-4 would have to be the one you drive.
I always wanted a red Galant Super VR-4 but they were just so rare to come across.
Congratulations on owning such a rare car and welcome to our home :)

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Congratulations Dan on the fantastic buy you found there. You have made MANY of us very jealous ;)

Hope to see you out and about mate! ... Although.. I will get shot for saying this (puts on flame suit)... I would prefer your 32 if I was given the choice ;) something about 32 GTR's REALLY gets me going, IMO they are like one of those few quintessential "JDM" cars.

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Honestly, for outright acceleration, handling and thrill factor, the GTR does have the edge. However, with some tasteful bolt-on and internal upgrades/tuning, stiffer suspension and some decent width, good quality rubbers, the Galant has the ability to become even more potent than it already is.

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
SOOOOO Hot! What an awesome buy, also love the GTR. I know I'd have to drive the Galant one week and the GTR the next bugger the old bones gettin rattled I'd be haven so much fun. Congrats Dan.

TTFreak

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dan
Drive
Red Super VR-4 Galant
Thanx Mel, it is a tough choice when I go to leave in the morning...

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Dan,
Welcome to OzVR4, its the rarest of the rare, there were only 18 Super VR4's in the Galant Variant made in Red, I'd say your the owner of the only one in Oz. Very exclusive Club.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Just for your benefit Dan, combined Galant/Legnum Super VR4 production was 369 vehicles, thats it.

There were 84 Super Galants produced in total.
The First Super Galant was Red and the Last Super Galant was also Red
There were 283 Super Legnums produced in total.
The First Super Legnum was Silver and the Last Super Legnum was also Silver

There were 18 Red Super Galants produced.
There were 67 Silver Super Galants produced.
There was 2 distinct production runs, the first run of 78 Super Galants Started in the Last week of Nov97 and was completed in the last week Dec97
The Second production run of 6 Super Galants ran during the last week of March 98.

There were 28 Red Super Legnums produced.
There were 256 Silver Super Legnums produced.

There was 2 distinct production runs, the first run of 280 Super Legnums Started in the Last week of Nov97 and was completed in the 3rd week Dec97
The Second production run of 3 Super Legnums ran during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March 98.

Top Bottom