Tyres for compliance

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm with you there, Jase - high-performance tires are a soft compound, which means they wear quicker, but have much better road holding properties. Once they've gone hard they'll skid and slip and that is DANGEROUS. Old tires are good for... recycling, and that's about it!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
these australian codes people have mentioned, what do they look like?

just wondering what to look for, Ive got 2 sets of tyres, but not sure if either of them are allowed to be used here.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
On the sidewall you will find a circle about the size of ya little finger nail with E4 inside it (E mark). next to that will be something like DOT Q9TJ AXF8, or similar (DOT code), after that there will be a small oval/rectangle with something like 2207 stamped into it (week and year of manufacture) ie 22nd week of 2007.
Just for interest sake, as part of compliance tyres also have to have the manufactures name clearly on the side wall aswell as RADIAL, speed rating ( V or W ) and the load rating ( found in small text, usually between 570kg and 630kg) as well as the load index ( 86 or 92)

IE: 235/45 R18 92V.

Just for those who dont know.
235 is the width 235mm
45 is the aspect ratio, 45% of the width, sidewall height
R is the compound
18, diametre in inch's
92 load index
V speed rating.

Hope this helps,
Jason

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
ok so I spent a few minutes looking at my 2 sets of tyres. The 18s are definately direct from japan as they came on the car, but I dont know the origins of the 16's.

So my question is, would either of these tyres pass the inspection at regency? (disregard the fact that the 18s are too big!)

Brand/Model: Yokohama Advan A-460
Size: 205/55/R16
Load Index: 89V
Date of Manufacture: YYY027 (2nd month of 2007?)
Manufacturer Location: Made in Japan
Type: Radial Tubeless
Other notes:FD8X, A9600L-7

Brand/Model: Bridgestone Potenza RE-050A
Size: 225/40/R18
Load Index: 92Y
Date of Manufacture: JAC4405 (44th month of 2005?)
Manufacturer Location: Made in Japan
Type: Tubeless Steel Belted radial
Other notes:H4T7, Treadwear A Temperature A, Extra Load, OUTSIDE, E4 0223011, T0501, 050AIZ, 008, has safety warnings

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
The Bridgestones would pass. Only if ya tyre plaquard says 18's are ok, lol
That code on the Yokies I dont think is a date code, it would read 0207 for 2nd week 2007. Having said that, I haven't had a lot to do with Yokies, except the good ol' A352's I had on my Falcon coupe back in the day lol
When running ya car thru for first rego just treat it like a defect.......... Everything 100% stock, if ya dont give them a reason to look they usually dont!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
thanks for that Jason. Here are some photos of my Yokohamas - I am really hoping I can use these to pass the regency inspection. Can anyone confirm this?

DSCF4761.jpg

DSCF4762.jpg

DSCF4765.jpg

DSCF4766.jpg

DSCF4767.jpg

G

Unregistered
i have a receipt for compliance/tyres, if you are able to photoshop your name/vin.. *cough* it might persuade them.

my tyres are apparently called 'triangle talon' or something like that.. migh explain why they aren't very grippy. :p

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
that sounds a bit didgy and not sure if I would get away with that - but feel free to send it through and I might give it a shot - my email is simongill75@hotmail.com

Can anyone confirm if those tyres above are ADR approved?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Can anyone confirm if those tyres above are ADR approved?

I will check for you tomorrow Simon and let you know.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Just done a quick search online and the Yokahama Advan A-460 is ADR compliant and for sale here in OZ.
However, as I mentioned in an earlier post they may still not comply if they were made in Japan.
Regency have really turned up the heat the last few weeks too. But that said they are still not on the ball. We had a 15 year import we complied for a customer today get knocked back for cracked brake hoses. Fair enough reason you might say?
When I got it on the hoist and looked, there was nothing wrong with the hoses, they had been painted in Japan and the black paint was flaking off. lmao

Top Bottom