Upgrade List

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel (and my fiance Ben will pop in from time to time)
Drive
'96 Legnum
'05 Subaru Impreza RS Wagon (previous)
'93Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T
'03 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo (for sale)
'06 Toyota Landruiser Sahara
Datsun 120Y (track only)
Hey guys.

Good news! I have been able to secure myself a pair of TD04s for nothing :D

My mechanic who has been mates with my fiance forever has a shed full of Mitsi stuff that he needs to get rid of and he wants nothing for them so I'm not going to pass the opportunity up. He says they're fine to use straight away but I'll probably be sending them for a rebuild anyway just so i can be sure everything internally is present and correct.

So what else do i need for a TD04 upgrade? I've already got the bigger intercooler (280x600x76), Walbro 255l Fuel pump, upgraded fuel rail adapter (all done before i bought it).

nothing has ever been said about injectors, so I'm assuming I'm going to need to do something about those?

Also, as much as Steve is the God of VR4 tuning, i won't be going back to Sydney for a tune, so if anyone has any recommendations in terms of Victorian tuners that would be a bonus.

So if you can give me a list of what I'll need or point me in the direction of a link that contains such that'd be awesome.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Going e85 as well Mel? Shouldn't need to upgrade injectors if sticking to 98.
@Smurph up here has a big single on 98 pushing 250kw on standard injectors.

Otherwise go to id1000.

Edit: Symond is NOT running standard injectors.

I know if Steve does a tune run near you Mel, he has in for on both id1000 and SARD 650 injectors (I have those)

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Drive
'96 Legnum
Datsun 120Y (track only)
nah sticking to 98 - we still don't have E85 on the pump here yet so no point and it's my mummy wagon so I have to have some sort of sensibility (for now) haha.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
With TD04's you will most definatly need tk upgrade injectors. Around the 600cc mark will see you well into 300kwatw.for TD04s you need all the obvious stuff like exhaust manifolds, dump pipes, down pipes, oil and water lines, either new intercooler pipong or mod the old stock ones to fit. A 3 port boost control solenoid is also a very wise idea too. Whats your goal with the TD04 upgrade? How much power do you wanna make and what model TD04's are they?

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Drive
'96 Legnum
Datsun 120Y (track only)
Ooh! I already have the boost solenoid wired into the ECU too. :D cheering!

@6A13TT TYPE S ideally i'd like to add 100kw to what i have - 181atw. but i know that's probably gonna take a hefty amount of work to get to 280awkw

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Carl here in NZ has made 315kw atw with a pair of TD04-13T's, a set of my cams, 560cc injectors, walboro fuel pump, water methanol injection kit and 600x300 FMIC and he tuned it himself. 280kw should be acheiveable without the water methanol kit as long as your tuner is on the ball. Search my "forged engine build pictures" thread to see photos of carls TD04 manifolds. And again what kind of TD04'S do you have

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Drive
'96 Legnum
Datsun 120Y (track only)
Oh awesome good to know!

Sorry i missed that bit. Unsure actually as i haven't picked them up yet - i'll message him and ask :)

zac billetski

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4, 1980 Datsun 280zx, 1979 Datsun 210
does anyone who has done the mods sell TD04 kits? or is it all up to the individual to fab stuff?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
There is 1 company in NZ called race fab. They do manifolds. But require mods to fans and a
Few other things. And still need dumps.

Other than that I couldn't even give a timeframe for my manifolds in development, and are going through a redesign.

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Give Cihan Etuner a buzz, he worked on my car as his first vr4 and the results are unreal! He mainly works on Supras and Skylines but works wonders for our cars, really knows what tuning is. He might be in Sunshine once a week with Edge motor works. Check his website out first.

Top Bottom