USA Roll Call

Xerope

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Carter
Drive
1997 Galant vr4
Texas DFW here! Just found we had our own category now!
Been here almost a year and I absolutely love my Galant. Looking forward to mods and track days.

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
Texas DFW here! Just found we had our own category now!
Been here almost a year and I absolutely love my Galant. Looking forward to mods and track days.

Feel that. Mine is in winter storage till April while I amass parts.

So far the parts pile is:

Plastic case ECU
Defi BF boost gauge and Fahrenheit oil temp (using for trans)
Non-MMCS “carbon” dash
Trans cooler
Trans cooler thermostatic bypass
Evo 9 Brembos
FL knuckles
CF engine cover
And probably some stuff I’m forgetting.

jdmftwyo

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Mirage to Evo 4 conversion
97 Legnum VR4
Feel that. Mine is in winter storage till April while I amass parts.

So far the parts pile is:

Plastic case ECU
Defi BF boost gauge and Fahrenheit oil temp (using for trans)
Non-MMCS “carbon” dash
Trans cooler
Trans cooler thermostatic bypass
Evo 9 Brembos
FL knuckles
CF engine cover
And probably some stuff I’m forgetting.
I need to get my hands on some fl knuckles!

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
I need to get my hands on some fl knuckles!

I threw a set in the bin back in 2016, damn waste. Still mad I gave in to my buddy’s pressure.

Keep an eye on yahoo auctions. If you can find an exporter that will strip them for you it’ll save shipping. I got mine for under $100 for the pair, even came with some goodridge lines. But “my exporter” is one of my best friends so it helps keep costs down.

jdmftwyo

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
I threw a set in the bin back in 2016, damn waste. Still mad I gave in to my buddy’s pressure.

Keep an eye on yahoo auctions. If you can find an exporter that will strip them for you it’ll save shipping. I got mine for under $100 for the pair, even came with some goodridge lines. But “my exporter” is one of my best friends so it helps keep costs down.
I do know an exporter ive been eying YJ like a hawk lol.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I've been told by some to avoid and some that they have had great business lol.
He is banned from here (for over a decade) and a few Facebook groups. He has a history of scamming people that dates back to 2010+

I have personally had him try double the cost of postage after getting a quote and then paying. Once I asked for a refund he tried to take circa 30% off in "fees". Luckily, I paid via PayPal. He sent plenty of abuse and absolute nonsense in the PayPal case and to the email I paid with.

jdmftwyo

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
He is banned from here (for over a decade) and a few Facebook groups. He has a history of scamming people that dates back to 2010+

I have personally had him try double the cost of postage after getting a quote and then paying. Once I asked for a refund he tried to take circa 30% off in "fees". Luckily, I paid via PayPal. He sent plenty of abuse and absolute nonsense in the PayPal case and to the email I paid with.
Good to know. I'm rather savvy with hunting down parts myself luckily.

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
I’ve had one expierence with him. I don’t particularly like dealing with people who act like I should feel honored to give them my money for overpriced used car parts.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah hes a knob head. Very dishonest.
Case in point he advertises a used manaual gearbox hangar mount for like 300nzd plus shipping where you can buy those mounts brand new for a fraction over 150nzd. Charging double the price of new for a worn out 2nd hand old part.
Unfortunately because hes been banned for sooo long the newer memebers coming in from the usa and the likes have no idea to avoid him

Top Bottom