jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey all,

I will be installing cams and valve springs next week but my mechanic asked what type of valve spring tool people have used on our engines.

If someone knows can they please post a pic of the tool.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
heya Rob the tool I use is the one dice posted ^^
seems some others have had issues with noisy lifters with the cam grinds, so pop in some 0.5mm shims to ensure its quiet. AKKO got some for his galant so maybe PM him and see where he got them from

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Shims do not make for a quiter result by any means. But recomended for other reasons.
Maybe with a different choice in oils...

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I used the blue point tool, not bad, however, I ended up having the engine out and the rear turbo removed.. the above tool will probably make it possible to do it without that.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
yep I used the tool linked in the second post to install the springs with engine in the car. the rear bank exhaust valves are a right bastard but do-able

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Jesus trying to find this so I can buy it is almost imposible. Meek is out of stock.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Or amazon...I got mine off of there, which is exactly the same tool as what meek is selling, for about 100 delivered from the US (at the peak of exchange rate though)

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
I found one on ebay $45 delivered. I just hope se ships it out ASAP as the car is sitting and waiting.

Top Bottom