Van aka Van // Melbourne

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mike, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike Guest

Hey everyone. My name's Van, I just found this forum today and it looks awesome! I can't believe I've been promoted to administrator already, you guys rule!!!!!111```

Oh wait, I co-own the forum. loooolz my bad! *cough*

Anyway, my name's Van and I'm a 26yr old freelance graphic designer and illustrator in Melbourne. At the moment I drive a '99 VW Golf GTI. When I started our original OZVR4 forum a few months ago, I was mere weeks away from organising to import a VR4. Then I got accepted into a design course that I wasn't expecting to get into and had given up on. So now I'm a full time student with two loans - not really the ideal scenario for a VR4!

So, I'm probably the only guy in the world who owns a forum about a car he doesn't actually have and won't have for quite a while ;) Fun!

Thanks for supporting the forum guys, and thanks for all being mature and good people, it's very appreciated and this is definitely the easiest forum I've ever ran - and I've ran/moderated a few!

2. jmo

jmo Guest

There is still time Van, Make a deal with nick and drive his spare parts car around until he needs it :p

3. snickells

snickells I was driving a VR4 when your mum was still hot Lifetime Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Drive:
    Prado 4x4
    Hell yea, it will look fine missing those rear panels, and who needs seats to drive a car?

4. VR-04-TT

VR-04-TT 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Paul
    Drive:
    2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
    You'll get one in good time Van :D Don't rush it mate! Work hard and we'll drive you around till you get one lol

5. Mike

Mike Guest

Haha, I guess that's the good thing about being into 4door cars - always guaranteed a seat in someone's car!

6. snickells

snickells I was driving a VR4 when your mum was still hot Lifetime Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Drive:
    Prado 4x4
    I'll let you ride in the boot mate! Lots of room back there, hehe.

7. bogan bob

bogan bob 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Dion
    Drive:
    '15 Amarok
    LOL SPEED HUMPS!!!

I remember one time putting a mate in the boot of the car (sedan) as i was already overloaded in the cabin for what was to be a relatively short trip - turned into a 20 min joyride across train crossings, speed humps and quick, tight corners!!! LOL im not sure he has forgiven me yet, but hey, what are mates for :lol:

Oh and welcome, van ;)

8. VR-04-TT

VR-04-TT 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Paul
    Drive:
    2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
    I went for a ride in the tray of my mates old ford ute years ago...he took me over bumps and round and round and round roundabouts till I felt like puking...then...THEN...he took me through the giant air dryer in this DIY carwash place...

He neglected to tell me his dad used the ute to transport a tonne of sand the day before...I got sandblasted from head to toe...fark it hurt!!

Funny though...I would've done it to him lol!

9. Esoteric

Esoteric Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Ryan
    Drive:
    2001 Galant VR-4
    Welcome back Van!

10. jmo

jmo Guest

I have been in the boot of a stagea, drunk and the driver doing a lot of circles, i didn't spill a drop :p

11. Mike

Mike Guest

Not a single drop? Bunta would have been proud!

12. jmo

jmo Guest

Guess who's car it was Van........ I wish i had split the whole can in it :p

13. Mike

Mike Guest

Ahahah Matt? Damn, you should have. Hahah.