[VIC] Vic Hillclimb Championship - Sun 29th August

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Mexicans!

This Sunday (29th) is the 7th round of the Vic Hillclimb Championship.
The track is: Haunted Hills Circuit, Bill Schulz Drive, Yallourn.
About here:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...323,146.316605&spn=0.018517,0.045447&t=h&z=15

If you get to the power station, turn round you've gone too far.

Things normally kick off at 8.30 ish, and it'll only cost you ~$10 for a days entertainment. I'll also be sussing out how much it is to hire the track for a club day :D.

If anyone would like to convoy down let me know and we can organise something.

Hope to see some of you there!

Some photo's from last years event:
IMG_1403Large.jpg

IMG_1263Large.jpg

IMG_1253Large.jpg

IMG_1471Large.jpg

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Great, scary track. Pretty rubbish for spectators though unfortunately... All those photos were taken from the one legitimate spectator point. Would be interested in a club day there when my car's up to scratch though.

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
They actually have track hire prices on their website:

TRACK HIRE FEES

Timed Hillclimb (one day) $2,350 (including GST)

Timed Hillclimb (two days) $3,400 (including GST)

Untimed Event $1,500 (including GST)

Designated Club Practice Days No charge

Friday Practice Days (only one per month in 2010) $55 (including GST) per driver

G

Unregistered
So what's the $10 mentioned in the first post? Is that just to be a spectator? And to participate do you need a CAMS licence or anything like that?

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
The 10 bucks is to go watch the hill-climb.

I wanted to talk to the Gippsland Car Club guys about what we should go for. It might be better to just go for a practice day rather than rent out the track if interest isn't high enough. Also availability is a big thing, no idea how far out the track is booked.

Don't know if we need a CAMS license if we hire the track, but to compete in the Hillclimb you only need a CAMS Class 2S.
Supp regs for the event are here: http://vichillclimb.com.au/2010%20Supregs/Round%207/VMCI2010VHC7.2.pdf

G

Unregistered
Track day sounds sick, bring my bros car if i dont have mine by then.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Bst idea as a toe in the water exercise would be to get a group together and tag along to a WRX Club day or similar. SAU probably run days there as well.

iralosavic

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Irah
Drive
Camry
I live 20 mins away from the circuit, so I've been there countless times (as a spectator).

My understanding regarding hiring the track for a private event is that the hire cost includes a safety crew/ambulance and usual CAMS licensing and restrictions aren't applicable. You can pretty much do whatever you want (ie drift, timed runs, open class, etc etc).

Participating in registered events, however, does require a CAMS license and the usual safety mods (compliant extinguisher, bonnet pins, helmet etc). You're also naturally confined to the class your vehicle falls within.

Although I've never driven on the track, but it appears to be one of the best hill climb tracks in Australia and has already held national competitions several times.

leg-it

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alex C
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
I would def do a timed VR-4 hill climb day.... my dream come true!

Top Bottom