[Vic] VR4-Friendly Mechanic

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I went into a mechanic yesterday that i had noticed had heaps of skylines and other jap cars always around the premises to see if they could potentially service the vr4 or even knew what it was...

As i pulled up a group of about 3 little Asian men where staring and before i had even got out of the car they were looking around it, then the first thing they say to me is "nice car, this is the first VR4 i've ever seen in Australia" I asked them if they knew much about the vr4's and if they could service them and get a service done there. Surprisingly they knew heaps about the car, engine specs, 4wd etc one of them started going on about the AYC to me. They said about how compliance don't put very good oils into the cars if they do change them and that i should get it changed asap so i'm quite confident they will be able to do the job fine.

I'm going to get my car fully serviced there within next week or two so will post how they go but for anyone interested in a mechanic for their VR4 out west suburbs here's the details

C&D Motorworks - Performance & Dyno Tuning
190 Duke Street
North Sunshine
VIC 3021

PH: 9312 7355
FAX: 9312 7366

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Ok, firstly yes they do have a 4wd dyno.

Next, they serviced the Vr4, put 0w40 oil in it because they couldn't get any 0w30 apparently it's not available anymore (Mobil 1) car still has a little ticking.
When i picked up the car i chatted to the fella for a while found out they from new Zealand and he doesn't like Mitsubishi's!!!! errr after talking with him for a while i decided i can't be bothered with them to get the next service done, they told me the car has the same a s a evo running gear underneath ect didn't do the AYC either...

Top Bottom