VR4 Potential?

G

Unregistered
I don't think its that bad, although I don't use it in my cars, I have a mate with a 300kw evo who literally limiter launched it from every second set of lights for the last 2 years he has owed it, standard driveline front to back, standard box and ayc same/similar to the legnum, has never had a drama.
PERSONALLY though, better safe than sorry in my opinion :D

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I had KSmods rom on my ecu with launch control. had it set to 4000rpm and it was building 10-12 psi. used it quite often.
I had a exedy HDCB clutch and I would just drop the clutch. never broke anything (although I had a ST-R diff with evo LSD)

but after I put my unsprung carbon tripple plate clutch in the first time I used launch control (set to 5000RPM) I snapped a rear half shaft clean in half

how much grip you have and how forgiving your clutch is are all factors to how hard launching is on your driveline.

Quintenperren

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Quinten Perren
Drive
Legnum
I've got the original clutch with 120ks so it's bit tired would love to give it a shot on gravel before I replace it

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
ygoslo had his launch control done by steve in vic a year ago if i remember correctly, sounded insane on the dyno

Top Bottom