VR4 Potential?

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I pulled a 13.6 with a cat back and 14 pound. But the guys think mines had a time before I got it. Personally I just think its because I'm the Stig.

I know your not, only because I know Im the Stig :p

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Cat back and 5-7 psi extra boost pulling 13.6 sounds fair enough but I think 14 flat completely standard is a bit of a stretch. Standard manual with cool weather I could see doing mid 14's with a good launch. I might be wrong, just comparing with what I have seen when QLD vr4's had a drag meet a few years back now.

Goku

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kayne
Drive
1994 Galant VR-4
2000 Legnum VR-4
I'm also hazarding a guess that the limited space in the engine bay is why we don't see many turbo upgrades or people upgrading for huge power figures with this engine.
I'd still love to see it done though.

There are a couple of 8G VR-4's running twin TD05 conversions, the room is there if you are willing to find it.

Can a standard VR4 really pull off a 14.0 1/4 mile? I know my auto Legnum used to pull off low to mid 15 second quarter miles.

Completely stock, possible... with a boost controller, running about 12psi or so, can be easily achieved.

There have been a few 7G VR-4's in the 12 sec bracket with just an exhaust, boost controller and intercooler upgrade.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Sky is the limit if you have the money to do it.

I have seen one in russia with a single turbo conversion throwing out 500hp.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So should have run mine with launch control and e85....

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
mine did 14.1 stock with mbc 11psi, bogged launch and dying auto box when I first got it... did a 13.1 last time I went down tuned 17psi (when auto), man conversion, fmic, exhaust, running bout 185awkw now im running 196awkw (at last tune) so hoping to break into 12's next run when I fix a few bugs. I think 12's are doable without too much as long as everything is fresh and ready to go

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Evos and vr4's are two different cars. What do you want from a car?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
mmm he had around 225kw atw

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
We gotta convince mcs (Mark) to take his down to the strip lol

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Gotta get mine down too. Gunna talk with Steve about launch control for my beast. I reckon the commo boys will love it at the traffic light drags. Lol

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Launch control on wet skid pan = :lol::love:(y)

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Id have to steal steves ecu for launch control.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Can be arranged.... Got a spare diff as well?

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
I was gonna mention trusting the launch id probably end up with broken everything.

Hence id rather not haha.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I think my clutch is weak link in the chain ATM. Although its held well for the new power. Will wait till next tune. I think it may fail then. Lol

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Speaking from Drag racing experience :D i launched at 3000rpm and the car didnt bog down and if i had of went through the gears at the rpm that i should of i would of easily ran a mid 13sec pass. And my car is still intact.

Top Bottom