w.a laws / fines

G

Unregistered
well i have removed my cat ... and been told its up to a 20k fine ... umm any 1 got info on what im up for if im caught like this

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Does it go better now?

Sorry I don't know the laws...

G

Unregistered
umm sounds meaner at high revs. dont know how much more of a kick i got off it . appears to go abit better , might just be the noise making me think it :p
yeah need to know the laws / fines soon :p
we need a dyno day . so i can see if its helped or not and to ehar how loud it is :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I believe its $10k, but yea you don't wanna get caught for it. Better off forking out for a high-flow...

G

Unregistered
they wouldnt know until you took it over the pits, so i would have thought as long as you dont go over the pits with a straight thru, you should be fine

G

Unregistered
Isn't it also the EPA that fines you, not the police?

G

Unregistered
oh well . it sounds abit louder at higher revs so im happy

G

Unregistered
wayne at embleton engineering told me about these highflow cats he does and he rekons theydnt change ur performance .there just as good as not being there .off the top ov my head i think he said $400.

im still waiting to here back on my Qoute from him

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
hey josh if your looking for exhaust i and many others on here highly recommend autotainment in burswoop. brilliant job and i got a magnaflow high flow cat from there

G

Unregistered
hey josh if your looking for exhaust i and many others on here highly recommend autotainment in burswoop. brilliant job and i got a magnaflow high flow cat from there

yeah cheers mate mite do that aye . sounds cheap with autotainment.
how long did it take 4 install?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
a few hours. right next to burswood traino so i just dropped it off in the morning and went back in the arvo. check the wa exhaust shops thread, i paid 950 for magnaflow cat, magnaflow straight through muffler, 3inch mild steel and resonator. went back to get a second resonator on it though cause it was a bit drony. contact me if you wanna have a look at his work and have a listen

G

Unregistered
. i gota $100 fine last nyt for having my foglamps on

they look kool wen there on but cops r dickheads so yeah.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i talked my way out of a situation like that when i had my statesman. cop was ready to book me and i was like sorry i'll turn them off i really had no idea they were illegal (i didnt know). and he was still gonna book me when i asked him, "so why do they sell them as optional extras on new cars? you pay more for something thats illegal and you see heaps of new cars driving round with them on."
i think he realised it was stupid and he just told me to keep them off and let me off with a warning. its not like it gets foggy in wa so its ridiculous that they sell them on cars and we cant even use them

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Ignorance isn't a defence, no matter how nice you are about it. Other parts of the country do get fog - hmm, just on Tuesday the South East Freeway was down to 20m visibility, at 10am - they're not going to take off foggies just for WA.
. i gota $100 fine last nyt for having my foglamps on

they look kool wen there on but cops r dickheads so yeah.
I'm glad you got fined. They do look cool - in photos. Otherwise they're ****ing annoying.

G

Unregistered
Otherwise they're ****ing annoying.

I can see where you coming from, when people turn them on because they looks cool, it is really annoying. However, when people have them on I instantly notice them on the road, so I spose from a safety point of view it is a bit safer.

I think it is a bit silly though to have fog lights illegal on regular cars, but 4WD's headlights being higher off the ground, now that's far more annoying.

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Depends on the car. As you all have no doubt noticed, late model Commodore SS foggies are blinding, Falcon XRs aren't much better. They offer no improvement in lighting and shouldn't be used on the road unless in fog which apparently WA never experiences.

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
I've noticed a lot of WRXs (& wannabees) with them on. Either misaligned or the idiots put extra bright globes (100W+) in. I've seen heaps of cars with them switched on, but hardly anyone gets done for them, unless they piss a cop off, the cop's having a bad day, or they need to bump up their revenue a bit... like they aren't making enough from speeding fines.
WA $100 & 1 demerit point... same fine for driving with highbeams on.

ROAD TRAFFIC CODE 2000 - REG 183

183 . Using fog lights

(1) The driver of a vehicle fitted with a front or rear fog light shall not operate the front or the rear fog light unless the driver is driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility.

(2) In fog or mist or in hazardous weather conditions restricting visibility, the display of light from a front fog light or front fog lights is sufficient compliance with any obligation to display a light from a head light or head lights under regulation 182.

(3) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle, other than a motor cycle, displaying light from a single front fog light, unless 2 lit lights, complying with the requirements of the Vehicle Standards, are fitted to the front of the vehicle.

(4) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle displaying light from a front fog light or front fog lights, if any other light of a power exceeding 7 watts and capable of showing a white light to the front is alight.

G

Unregistered
out of all the cars on the antilag cruise they piked me lots of people have fogs on . even the COP did . they just wanted easy money. probly didnt want to crawl under cars and find pitty things to put a yellow on 4...

i dnt care its just $100 dola fine 0 demerits.

just sharing info

Top Bottom