w.a laws / fines

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
If you mean the driving lights at the bottom of the front bumper then meh, I drove around in my Focus for 5 years with them on *every* time (it was automatic). They were never bright, nor angled up and increased my short range ground visibility as well as my visibility to other drivers.

I think it's ludicrous that they'll allow almost every car to have them, yet fine people when they use them. It's like allowing a 400BHP Commodore to be sold for $50k, then fining people for speeding. At the end of the day if it's really an issue, ban the cars from having that much HP, or in the case of the lights, force the manufacturers to limit the wattage and angle the lights down.

Note this applies to factory lighting, not anything aftermarket bolted on

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
There is a different between fog lights & daytime running lights.

On Galants / Legnums we have fog lights.

(by the way there is not on country left in Europe that allows you to drive with fog lights on - the last country permitted this was the czech rep, two months after they picked me up on this... but this was just 10Euro cash to the cop / kitty)

But to be honest, fog light are not that bad as all those HID lights in Excels, Barinas & Festivas.... and I have mine on during the day... cause the cops think they are probably daytime running lights!

G

Unregistered
If you mean the driving lights at the bottom of the front bumper then meh, I drove around in my Focus for 5 years with them on *every* time (it was automatic). They were never bright, nor angled up and increased my short range ground visibility as well as my visibility to other drivers.
(y)

they barely/dont angle up the slightest they light up the side and lower road infront and thats it.

goood on ya syther :p

G

Unregistered
Come on guys, there no need for this. Lets get back on topic!

G

Unregistered
still going well with the exhaust . no probs yet

G

Unregistered
turn out ... the most illegal thing on my car . besides the wheels with no treed . pod . 3" straight threw ... it was my glowing symbol ... it alone almost got me a yellow sticker sideways . cause it went blue .... ( also went every other colour) . but because it went blue . it means im impersonating a copper ... that was the only thing they were trying to sticker me for ... so i had to pull the wires off the back to avoid the sticker =.= but now have a notation on the car that im not aloud a blue or red light pointing forward. n if i do i get an instant sticker ..

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
lucky you could unplug it there and then cos if you cant its a sticker anyway. Looks like the blue light is going to have to go, dont go red either cos you cant put red lights on the front.

G

Unregistered
im just gonna cut the symbol out so its just a hollow mitshibishi symbol
:)

G

Unregistered
hahah ride height to low = yellow 4 josh. gutted

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Jeebus Josh, how low is it?

I have altered my fogs to run the outsides currently, and they have LED globes which produce a nice white but dull light. I drive with them on ALL the time because I want the increased visibility (of me because I drive a black car). I'll let you know if I ever get fined but I will be EXTREMELY surprised as they're currently working like driving lights, not fogs (there's no way you could describe them as dazzling or even particularly bright).

G

Unregistered
Jeebus Josh, how low is it?

I have altered my fogs to run the outsides currently, and they have LED globes which produce a nice white but dull light. I drive with them on ALL the time because I want the increased visibility (of me because I drive a black car). I'll let you know if I ever get fined but I will be EXTREMELY surprised as they're currently working like driving lights, not fogs (there's no way you could describe them as dazzling or even particularly bright).

yeah went to the pits yesterday and imm like 5 mm too low. wtf.
also piked owt
brakes need to b machined
iner cv boot has split
need to get rid ov boost gauge
need to fully silence bov.
they didnt notice the boost tap tho
matt(syther) gave me some stock vr4 wheels .
mite increase the hight a lil bit. guna masure the circumfrence on monday and see how they compare . its only 5 mm more. all i need lol.otherwise might have to make up spacer or somthing to lift the front up.the lowest point is the big plate thingy that goes north south on the motor.
when i was yelllowed the cop said the hight was 80mm legal is 100mm.
just more money to start wasting on the car. also getting a new ecu loom becuz there could b a wire disconnected in the mass bush. as told bye elfe.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
That sucks man, thats why i really dont want to be yellowed. I know how many things are not pits passable on my car.

Also i think cops are cracking down on the old fog lights atm cos my mate got fined and given a demerit point for having them on in his xr6t last night. So heads up guys.

Also is a split boot a fail?? And what wrong with having a boost gauge (impeding your view?)

G

Unregistered
excesive noise is 3 points and $100 and now falls under the hoon law. ur car can be tow'd.....

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
And what wrong with having a boost gauge (impeding your view?)

I'd like to know also, you have to be allowed a boost guage of some description or alot of imports would never get through compliance. Ah well, at least I can get a Nismo one to replace my stocker that goes up to 1.4 bar :)

G

Unregistered
That sucks man, thats why i really dont want to be yellowed. I know how many things are not pits passable on my car. my mate got fined and given a demerit point for having them on in his xr6t last night.

Also is a split boot a fail?? And what wrong with having a boost gauge (impeding your view?)

welll the boost gauge im not sure aye its mounted in the aircon vent next to the drivers door. not impeeding at all.

its funny because i didnt get a demerit 4 my fog light fine....

split boot yess i think its becuz all the grease from in and around haz sprayed everywere... wat a nightmare.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Your vehicle must be in roadworthy condition. That means all boots and bushes must be in good condition, no cracks or tears, you can't have ANY oil or fluid leaks of any sort, tyres must have minimum tread depth across the WHOLE tyre - if you have low tread depth at the very edge that's still considered illegal.

Josh your car is insanely low, you must get stuck on speed humps regularly!

G

Unregistered
Josh your car is insanely low, you must get stuck on speed humps regularly!
yeah sometimes i nearly do. just have to navigate with caution.

this is the height that the car was complied with. as i was told.

Top Bottom