[WA] Targa West

G

Unregistered
Just wondering who from here will be out watching this weekend ??

Not going to get chance to watch much as im pit crewing for a mate in his R35, but been told will be some awesome vantage points to watch some action.

Info can be found at http://www.targawest.com.au

2vi4i6t.jpg

G

Unregistered
pit crew with an R35? Lucky bastard :)

I'll be going around taking a few photos here and there hopefully, will try and get out there today

G

Unregistered
im going to head out on sunday for the early sessions.

i heart that GTR

G

Unregistered
Well we are goiung alright so far, but the GTR is having a few issues which should hopefully be sorted tonite, had 2 roll overs on the zig zag though , 2 ppl were taken to hospital

G

Unregistered
Yeah the zig zag is an awesome test ... Tight tight corners

G

Unregistered
Got car sorted, so heres hoping tommoz Steve can get into top spot, currently 2nd place, not bad for his 3 year doing it

G

Unregistered
I'll be out and about today. Hopefully catch the Muchea and Bindoon stages if I don't get lost.

Will try and find the R35 in the Service Area (doubt it will be hard to miss) :p

G

Unregistered
i was running 3 chicanes over the weekend, the GTR was dead quiet, but farking moved, and won!

highlight of the weekend was the lamborghini superleggera that was shooting ~1 metre fireballs on deceleration that was about 10metres away from me...
the noise it made as it came out of the chicane at full throttle was enough to make me run behind the big water tank for some 'alone time' though....

G

Unregistered
Wat a fuking weekend, apart from the odd problems with the Datsun, sorry GTR it was sensational. Awesome work by Steve and Rauri.

Andf big ups to Weeks' for doing a BURNOUT for us in the lambo after the final stage.

Cheers to anyone that came out over ther weekend for your support :D

G

Unregistered
Some pics one of our mates took at a stage

steves-r35-8.jpg

steves-r35-7.jpg

steves-r35-6.jpg

steves-r35-5.jpg

steves-r35-4.jpg

steves-r35-3.jpg

steves-r35-2.jpg

G

Unregistered
I caught friday and saturdays action and that GTR is a monster!! BURNOUT!

Ill post some photos this evening after some chopping

G

Unregistered
We have also just been informed that Steve is the first person in the world to win an event in a production version of the 35 GTR

G

Unregistered

mate of mine took this from our chicane. :)

G

Unregistered
That Lambo sounds so good, when I was taking photos a guy next to me compared the sound to a low flying jet

Unfortunately I only got to go to Day 3, still happy I made it this year though, was good fun.

SS22 - Muchea 3

From here I decided to skip the next few stages and head straight to the Bindoon Service Park.

From there I went just around the corner to the next stage which unfortunately was cut short due to a pretty bad rollover, so I didn't get to catch the Lamborghini or GTR pass through.

SS25 - Bindoon Country 3

And that's it unfortunately, I wish I went on.

Click on the pics for larger res, or go straight HERE for the full set.

G

Unregistered
Yeh the Pollards were the ones in that bad crash, his daughter that was co-driving is still in hospital with a broken back, 1 cracked vertebrae. You were missing much with the GTR going past, sounds like my mums DYSON. Cheers for the pics will foward them onto Steve :D

G

Unregistered
Yeah the GTR barely made a noise, was flying past so effortlessly, quite .. well unexciting really :D Especially hearing the Lambo and GT3 RS before him.

Top Bottom