Warning Lights

G

Unregistered
hi guys,

just wondering if anyone else has expirenced these warning light or if you could inform me what they mean.
its the ABS warning light and the traction control off light that appears in the dash. it rarely appears and normally if i shut the car off and turn it back on it has disappeared!! while they are on it does tend make my stereo cut in and out and also last nite while driving makes my head lights flicker!!

it doesnt seem to alter anything else!!

ive spoken to my mecanic and he is unsure what it could be hense why im asking you guys!

cheers azzy

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
either your battery's on the way out or worse your alternator..

check the voltage..

abs warning light kicking in means that its got low voltage from the battery, and same goes with the stereo cutting out and the headlights flickering..

while your stationary and have your headlights on.. does your headlight dim if and when you have your indicator lights flashing?

*edit*

also, your mechanic.. is he your regular mechanic or just some random mech?

if he's just some random mech, I'd recommend to think twice letting him touch your car.. surely any decent mechanic would be able to tell that its either your battery or alternator that's causing issue..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Check your battery voltage while the car is running. It should be very close to 14.5v

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Check your battery voltage while the car is running. It should be very close to 14.5v

At what revs Brad? Mine his 14v (according to my SAFC) at around 2k. Below that and including idle, it sits around 13.5-13.8

Top Bottom