We have competition - Evo V now eligible...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
You can blame this one on me too...

I worked out that, with Mitsubishi going to great lengths to prove the differences between Evo 6 and the base model Lancers, there should be no reason why the Evo 5 (which shares the same chassis code) wasn't in the same boat. It turns out DoTaRS agreed with me, and they are now eligible for import under SEVS. It was one of those "why didn't I think of that before?" moments...

Mid to high teens for an Evo 5 anyone? The queue starts here (although as anyone on here who has owned a test car will tell you, allow 12 months before any workshops can actually start plating them...)

G

Unregistered
Well done Chef :)

Though its just as annoying as it is good, main reason why I got the Galant was because I couldnt afford an Evo, but it now comes into reach .. oh well :)

I'll be happy considering that I have already got my car and won't likely find one in the same year, same condition, same k's, same price :D

Also saw on the EvoOZ forums that the RS model was also under SEVS ruling. This true? Would that allow it to be road registered, or will still be Race Import Only?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
All models, including the RS, are eligible. I'd get on the Evo Oz forums, but for some reason I can't post...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
It seems I've upset a few Evo V owners...lol

G

Unregistered
lol

if only the vzr pulsar sedans could be imported, id buy one instantly as a track car from you :(

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Goddamn! Legnum as a daily driver and EVO as a track car?

That's two diamonds... need a third.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
nice work k. I can understand the V owners being upset - theres very few of these in AUS and I guess now they wont feel as special!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Don't worry, I still love my VR4 :)

But if I were shopping for a new car now, instead of this time last year it would be a very hard choice between the two.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Nice one kristian!

you'd think evo 5 owners would be happy, a few more parts will be available soon, but i guess their car value would drop a bit

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Good work Kris!

Haven't upset me...I think the VR4 is far hotter ;) lol

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
HELL YES!!!!! I'm buying one next year for SURE!!! Keep the Magna as a daily... ahshdhasdaoudauf ouA FH :D :D :D

edit - these smilies SUCK. =D =D =D < more like it

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
So Paul, you're up for another test car? lol

Worth bearing in mind that Evo 5s are readily available in Japan, and plenty of people still prefer to drive Legnums ;)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Almost swapped my Sil80 for an EVO 7 a few weeks back...then came to my senses...15 grandish....what mods have you sen these suckers come with Kristian??

Top Bottom