kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hey guys

i'm heaving a odd sound coming from the rear right hand side...

it's best noticeable above 70km/h and once going faster it becomes louder.

it noticeable on a straight line, and worse in a left corner, on a right corner its gone...

the noise is like a 'glock glock' in an uneven rhythm, sometimes three sounds then a couple of seconds nothing the two....etc

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
thanks, i got the wheels aligned, that was my first tought as well.
i'll get it on the bridge next week and have a good look around
could it be the diff? or a bushing?

cheers

seven

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Nick
Drive
Galant Vr4 (winter spec)
R31 RB25DET
Potentially rear wheel bearings if the sound changes when turning.

zacnz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
Current 2001 fl vr4

(Previous) 1996 pfl legnum vr4

(Previous) 1999 fl legnum st
Sorry to bump an old thread but dis you ever locate the issue. My leggy has started making the same noise from the rear and from inspection it's the rear lower control arm bush

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
no i have not yet solved it. i just figured that it isn't that loud and by inspection i can't see anything obvious. i just keep on going and it will get worse, so at that point i will be able to see what it is exactly. thanks for the info in your findings.

cheers!

zacnz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
Current 2001 fl vr4

Yea when I created under the car you could twist the whole arm and here it hitting

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Rear toe arm u are able to twist as it has ball joints both ends. Just if its really loose then it will be worn. I would be doing wheel bearing first then checking possible diff. That's if it's a rotational knocking noise.

zacnz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
Current 2001 fl vr4

Was a very inconsistent knock. The toe arm definitely moves more than the other side and the ones on my friends vr4.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Was a very inconsistent knock. The toe arm definitely moves more than the other side and the ones on my friends vr4.

the inner side of that uses spherical bearing and will always feel like its loose. Not much can be done with it, You can try and re-grease it but you'll need to find a way to re-seal it.

alternative is to go with aftermarket toe arms, @slickd1 bought ones from Megan Racing

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
i changed the rear wheel bearing and that solved it!!!

TommyG

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tom G
Drive
2001 Legnum
Hey guys and gals, recently I have been noticing a rattle/clunking noise coming from the rear of my 01 leggy. the noise can only really be heard at Lower speeds and is in connection with the rotation of the wheels in and out of gear. The noise stops when I apply the breaks.. which are somewhat new (rotors and pads) hoping it is something to do with the caliper or even a loose handbrake cable.. fearing the worst which would be the diff or shaft :/ any advice would be great, happy Easter :)

Top Bottom