Weird noise coming from my car's rear

G

Unregistered
Hey guys
Need some help!
Couple days ago I started getting some weird noise that is coming from the back of my car.
It doesn't sounds mechanical but sounds like a digital noise and it makes this noise at intervals of six seconds when the cars moving. When the car is turning it goes faster. Really WEIRD!
Last I checked it on the driver's side of the car.
Also, the weird noise doesn't always happen, its a on and off thing.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Ive got the same from my car, well had the same. get your AYC serviced asap!!!! i let mine go a lil longer than i should have and Ive destroyed the relay that controls the volts to your AYC pump. now i have no ayc :(

G

Unregistered
holy dang
are you serious?!
aww man i have no time!!!!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Get your AYC serviced ASAP.

Your local Mitsubishi should be able to do it. Tell them its the same as the ADM EVO's if they don't know what to do.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Digital noise as in high pitch noise? yikes i get the same random noise too, usually while accelerating.
Do workshops normally change the ayc gear oil/clutch pack oil as part of the ayc service?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Dude im dead serious, but i let it go for bout 6 months like that. I tried servicing it myself but believe i didnt get all the air out of the system when i bleeded it. I want my AYC back cars handling is shocking without it, just get it serviced as soon as possible man.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
They should as part of the service is flushing while actuating left & right clutch packs.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Mine was a high pitched digital sounding thing that happened every couple of seconds, when i serviced it the noise went away but came back after an hour or so of driving.

THey should flush out all fluids as part of the service as i believe thats the only way to service it :p

G

Unregistered
heading down to techsport today for the service
Cheers guys
this is giving me a heart attack lol

G

Unregistered
Mine was a high pitched digital sounding thing that happened every couple of seconds, when i serviced it the noise went away but came back after an hour or so of driving.
Did you end up fixing the problem buddy?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Nope because my AYC is rooted, there is a DIY on here for the AYC servicing, i made up the device to do it but put some lights in and didnt ground the other side of them for them to work so it never worked, then it was one of those things i put aside and adopted the "ill do it later" attitude. Wish i didnt now cause I stopped the car at home one day after work removed the keys got out and the AYC pump behind drivers side rear wheel was screaming its titties off, The AYC relay had burnt out for whatever reason and was keeping the pump running even though it had reached the required pressure to turn off, IT DIDNT!!! Did i mention the car was completely off ???

I paniced like i never have before ripped the cover plate off and disconnected the supply coming to it and this turned it off for sure, the whole unit was too hot too touch so im devo that ive f'kd the entire lot requiring a new pump, accumulator and pressure switch, new ayc relay OMG but the digital intermittent noise is gone :p so now ayc is lit up on my dash all the time and i dont have the time or funds atm to take it somewhere and get them to have a look at it, Im assuming when i do the guys will say i need to replace everything cause its all damaged just so they can make some money out of it and i dont know if its cheaper to replace all that shit or get a LSD installed.... Im not sure but my recommendation to anyone hearing intermittent sound from the rear is take the time to get your read diff serviced before its too late (and more expensive i might add)

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
Man this is scaring me a bit. Im getting a noise but it doesnt sound digital and only happens when im turning relativley hard into a corner like in the hills or something, doesnt happen all the time but when it does it hangs around for about a day and goes away after.

G

Unregistered
We'll it doesn't sound totally digital but it's def doesn't spun mechanical either. But def a on and off thing

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
dude did you get ur ayc serviced? has the sound gone? mine is making the same noise but the odd thing is it was recently serviced at the beginning of july.
i notice when driving at night that my headlights dim when i hear the sound. does this mean my relays are gone? i still have ayc bars lighting up on the dash though. will be getting ayc done by mitsi ASAP.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Mine caused the head lights to dim aswell! Glad im not the only one out there!

G

Unregistered
Just an update
went to techsport to get it fixed, they said that the AYC oil was a bit dirty or something and fixed it
It was good for a good couple weeks but then it ONLY comes back when it is raining! Any ideas guys?

G

Unregistered
nahh not hard at all, just normal driving, it does happen more frequently when i turn but thats about it

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if it happens while you turn.. then I suggest you try and do another 'service' on your ayc.. my opinion is that it's still got residual dirty oil in the system, so bleeding it again and draining the fluid should help..

Top Bottom