What if: I need to upgrade my Legnum to something newer...

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
This thought comes to mind a fair bit, just wondering other peoples opinions...

We all know our cars aren't going to last forever, and in the coming years, what the hell am I (or you) going to buy!?

I just had a look on carsales, and the only next best thing is the Subaru Liberty.

There is nothing else! (to my knowledge anyway).

Say I dont want a subaru liberty, what else can I buy? Brand new, Brand new second-hand, AWD/4WD, Manual, Turbo, MUST BE a wagon (obviously as the thread title states). Moonroof would be lovely..

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
volvo v70 T6? if you like that sort of thing...

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
I dont mind if its a wagon or Sedan. But Im guessing most of us will move on too something Euro. Audi and or BMW myself.

A wagon RS6 :p ;) heheh we can all dream!

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
If it has to be a wagon and you don't mind something a bit thuggish, a WRX wagon might fit the bill i.e. AWD, turbo, manual, wagon-ish.

Otherwise, aside from the Liberty GT, a Mazda6 MPS might fit the bill (sedan only though).

If it doesn't have to be turbo and you don't mind DSG, how about a VW Passat R36 wagon? Stock for stock, the R36 is quicker than our VR-4s.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Ew @ Volvo.

BMW... please! Not even that sporty... And ive owned euro... never going back.

Lets talk realistic here! And that means price tags, lol!

There must be something other than a Subaru Liberty... Or maybe we can bug Mitsubishi to push development for that prototype legnum thats on this forum somewhere...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Been down this path -wanted to upgrade my first legnum, and thus why I now own an 04 Liberty GT Wagon :p
But then the wife basically took posession of it, so now I have another Legnum for me :)

But honestly, aside from the Liberty GT, Passat R36 wagon is another choice, albeit quite a bit more coin, but a FAR better proposition than the fugly MY10 (new shape) liberty wagons.

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
I cant believe im about to say this. What about a Ve SSv Sports wagon? 6.0L V8

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
personally (as i dont need a wagon)

ill continue with sedan or coupe

hyundai genesis coupe :)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
M35 Axxis..... Don't kid yourself, they're awesome :)

There's one of these around the corner from my house but in blue with some ridiculous fitment matte gold rims, looks pretty amazing. Having said that, the back ends of them are still hideous!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yuck Dawso that looks like it belongs in Bankstown or Lakemba .. ewwwww..

I'd have to say either the Volvo T6, or the SS Wagon... wouldn't mind a V8.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I had this dilemma when buying the legnum. My criteria was a wagon, awd and a bit quick.

I drove a friends VE SSV for a couple of weekends with the idea that maybe I could live without AWD if I loved it but I just couldn't do it, theyre too big to feel nice to drive.

I looked at a Passat R36, nice thing but unless you twin turbo it what can you do to it and do those expensive DSG's hold up to it? who knows? I looked at the V50, I always liked the top spec models but then I sat in one....

And I didn't want a Subaru

I hated the look of a stagea (although i have seen them with R34 front ends since and that might be liveable)

So with a price range of up to $70k I got a legnum for less than 20 and it was one with recaro's, carbon dash, touch screen ac, kick arse stereo already in it, brembos, swaybars and a 3 inch exhaust with front pipes. The benefit over the R36 is that it cost less (duh), I'm not afraid to track it, I can play with and get results. So for now for me nothing else exists.

Except that second hand RS4 wagon but after having a chipped S3 and doing lots of kms, they can get pretty damn expensive so that got ruled out too (and stll a PITA to modify without spending a fortune). Don't get me wrong the S3 is a damn nice car, the interior of an audi is awesome but they are overly complicated electronically with EVERYTHING running through and ECU that you cant easily get into....

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
VE Wagon, V8 with a pair of big turbo's hanging off the side. Would never buy Euro, can't stand the people that drive them.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
VE Wagon, V8 with a pair of big turbo's hanging off the side. Would never buy Euro, can't stand the people that drive them.

Yeah some of the TT kits for the V8's and even 6's are pretty epic. Pity the XR6T never came in a wagon or that would be awesome, if a little bogan-ish.

Top Bottom