What if: I need to upgrade my Legnum to something newer...

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
When I had the dilema of finding a wagon that would be both a family hauler and a track car I whittled my choices down to two:

The Leggie (buy outright) or
Skoda Octavia RS Wagon (leased)

I'm glad I bought the Leggie, but the Skoda would have been fun too.

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
Yeah some of the TT kits for the V8's and even 6's are pretty epic. Pity the XR6T never came in a wagon or that would be awesome, if a little bogan-ish.

The issue is once you turbo a Commo SS and or SV6 they become oddly attracted to large cylinder shaped things. Like Tree's and light pole's. But Damn, the thing will damn hammer.

Even the SV6 sport wagon is a winner. Power to price really, its a good deal.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
The issue is once you turbo a Commo SS and or SV6 they become oddly attracted to large cylinder shaped things. Like Tree's and light pole's. But Damn, the thing will damn hammer.

Even the SV6 sport wagon is a winner. Power to price really, its a good deal.

Haha yes they are a bit stupid really, but fast, heaps fast. Also yes they have good power but considering he likes AWD's, the handling of any commodore will probably be a let-down.

M

Mitchie

Unregistered
Haha yes they are a bit stupid really, but fast, heaps fast. Also yes they have good power but considering he likes AWD's, the handling of any commodore will probably be a let-down.

Maybe we all have been spoiled by our VR4's ??

As far as the SV6 commodore handling goes. For what it is, It's still pretty good. The VE IMO is not as crisp as the VZ in driving pleasure. But for 35k for a new SV6, It's hard to complain. But it aint AWD :(

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
crown station wagon when more of them get imported

i would trade the awsomeness of my leggie for the luxury of a crown :D

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
xr6T or F6 in a wagon might have been tempting.... awd though....

haven't heard any more suggestions for a bit here....

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Completely forgot about the Stagea's. Are they still in production, I think i remember they stopped them changed them to some sort of SUV?

I would never a buy a VE - Yes I admit they do look quite nice (cant believe I said that), but considering I have driven a VE Berlina, it felt like i was in control of a ship. The cabin is too spaced out (even though it might be a good thing, i like japanese cars because they are compact), the door trims are way too high, causing the view to be somewhat disrupted. Its too big, too heavy and I could hardly reverse paralell park it because i didnt know if i was going to hit something just because i couldnt see jack shit.

Having previously owned a 93 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo, they were the best when it comes to control, they felt small and zippy and was such a pleasure to drive!

I never liked the look of the new Liberty's, but I think they are growing on me (saw a nice white pearl one on carsales). So I think either way a liberty will take the cake for now because I think we all know they will still be in production by the time our cars are very outdated.

Plus I like having unique cars. Dont like having something the same as the 3rd of the population has. (VE Sportswagon for example)

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
xr6T or F6 in a wagon might have been tempting.... awd though....

haven't heard any more suggestions for a bit here....

I would bloody effing love one of those.

Im very surprised Ford hasnt released a competitor for the Performance wagons. Considering the VE Wagon is selling like hotcakes.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Just looking through the specs of the new liberty and I never realised:

Manual: 195kW@5600rpm, 350Nm@2400-5200

Our cars are better from factory!

Even the N/A 2.5L Models are still 123kW!

And also just looked at the SSV Sportswagon.

IMO - Horrible.

Towing capacity is average. 1600kgs Max
Power 270kw @ 5700rpm
Weight (killer): Almost 2 tonnes! 1861kgs (w/ fluids)
Fuel consum: 13.9L/100km
Suspension (rear): Still using there OLD outdated and terrible IRS

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Brad the S402 would be perfect, but it can not be brought into australia :( As the Liberty (Legacy) is brought in by Subaru AU the only way to get one into the country would be a personal import, so you would have to buy one in Japan and live there for a year to bring it back.... quite say really.

However, I would happily buy a local tuned by STi MY09, MY10 are f**king horrible in my opinoin. The legacy/liberty has gone back to its roots of a grandpa car, rather than sticking with the corporate express image.. sad day really when they released the MY10

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Agreed, they're horrendous. My Grown-Up™ wagon will hopefully be:
061118001.1.jpg

or

audi-rs6-avant.jpg

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
R36 needs turbos, RS6 is too heavy now.... anything over two tonnes just can't have a nice feel.... And I love audi's

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
How about a 2006/2007 Caldina? They are a bit weird looking but they fit the bill and can't go past Toyota for general cost-effectiveness and reliability.

31659440005_large.jpg

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I remember seeing a couple of them in Japan.... Are they quick? and they're not big enough for me

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Toyota Crown Wagon - That's what I'm gonna' buy!

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I remember seeing a couple of them in Japan.... Are they quick? and they're not big enough for me

Not sure of exact stock 0-100's etc. but it's a 2L turbo with potential for lots of turbo upgrades I think. There was also an N edition with lots of goodies including recaro's and a Torsen LSD

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
+1 for a caldina.. Those things are awesome, some come with the recaro interior too :)
hard to find in manual tho

Top Bottom