What if: I need to upgrade my Legnum to something newer...

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
The newer ones actually look awesome. Except they're kinda small. But looks bloody nice. But even that will be outdated by the time I upgrade. Guess we all have to wait what the future brings in terms of cars.

Still can't believe the my10 gt liberty only comes 193kW from factory.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
mmmm 3sgte motor.... but how do we tune it? lol

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Why upgrade at all though? When I was given the choice of a lease car for work, the R36 was the only thing I could find to come close to the Legnum. But then I thought just keep the Leggy and in a few years rebuild the motor, give it a coat of paint and possibly an interior freshen up and it'd be like new again.

No need to settle for something that doesnt tick all the same boxes as the Legnum.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That shape Caldina doesn't exist in manual. I beleive there is a toyota manual box that can be fitted though. The older versions were available in manual but they are both smaller and slower than a Legnum. They actually aren't much bigger than a Corolla wagon.

I agree with Steve, the R36 needs turbos so extra power and torque can come from it (and it is too heavy) and the RS6 is WAY too heavy.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
That shape Caldina doesn't exist in manual. I beleive there is a toyota manual box that can be fitted though. The older versions were available in manual but they are both smaller and slower than a Legnum. They actually aren't much bigger than a Corolla wagon.

I agree with Steve, the R36 needs turbos so extra power and torque can come from it (and it is too heavy) and the RS6 is WAY too heavy.

Yeah the ... GT Four(?) model comes with a tip box right? The newer models look a bit taller and wider than the old Caldinas, can't save I've seen one in the flesh though. To be honest other than the newer Stagea and the newer Caldina I don't think there are many financially viable options that fit the criteria. I suppose another option would be to turbo an Outlander? I posted a thread a while ago (http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9566-Epic-Airtrek) about an Airtrek (outlander) that was running ridiculous times down the strip on 92 octane map.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
forester gt with mods??

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Forestors and Outlanders are too tall though, they aren't anywhere near as good as a Legnum around corners.

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Caldina = POO! test drove one before i brought the legnum, they look good but so slow.

I like the B7/B8 Audi RS4 wagonS

Top Bottom