What intercoolers do we run?

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

I have read the inercooler threads and they have provided me with many answers and new information so thank you..

Just for my sake though...

What does everybody run if they have upgraded their IC's?
Opinions of most cost effective/ quality?

Peace
:bigsmile:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They simply cool the air better and have less restriction so your power and fuel economy will both get slightly better.

G

Unregistered
cheapest and most common,

300x600x76mm core with 2.5 or 3 inch ends,
bar and plate,

thou it requires you to either ditch the impact beam or trim the inside of it.

G

Unregistered
dont be scared to cut shit.lol the size that Gly has mentioned is what im useing and i only had to trim a little off the impact beam..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Ivan (x3emotorsports) sells an FMIC kit that requires no modification. Do a search.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I've been thinking about running a Greddy Spec-M core with Ivan's piping kit. How good are Ivan's cores?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
To be honest I don't know how Ivan's cores compare to anything else. This is my first turbo car, and the first car I've ever modified. Ivan did say that he tested them and he was happy with the numbers, which might as well have been Greek to me.

It looks cool though :D

G

Unregistered
yeah i was thinking of the GRRRRReddy core too... and I did see ivans thread but im with derek... i dont know greek... :)

any opinions of favourable set ups guys...?

Chrisvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Chris
Drive
Oldsmobile Alero GLS with a GT40 turbo and a newly edited Galant'98 VR4 Type S manual
Hey guys whats the stock intercooler inlet dimension?

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Has anyone considered a hyperflow option? I had previous dealings with them and they will make custom to order including powder coating. They are fantastic build quality and showed proven results.

http://www.hyperflow.com.au/contact.html

Below is my custom to order GC8 (wrx) cooler; was bigger core then the standard kit including larger pipes and factory ripple powder-coating. All up it set me back $1800.

3-1.jpg

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
IMO an intercooler that has full contact with air flow and is the power rating for what the car will produce, you have a good intercooler. For instance I've noticed a big difference in turbo lag when I went from 600x300x76 IC to a 550x180x65. And I believe I am getting better eco and more consistent power delivery during spirited driving due to less heat soak from having all bars exposed.

Top Bottom