What kind of clutch?

MooIsTaken

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jordan
Drive
'99 Galant SeriesII Type V
I've searched around but I can't seem to find anything about this.

Is there a definitive way to tell what kind of clutch I have without ripping the transmission apart to look?

I have a suspicion that its not a stock clutch but because it's an import I can't be 100% sure.

MooIsTaken

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jordan
Drive
'99 Galant SeriesII Type V
Hahaha, well I was thinking that but decided it would be cheaper to see if anyone knew

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There are a few inspection holes but I really don't think you can see anything using them.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If you have a flexible optic-fibre inspection probe AND the inside of your transmission isn't covered in friction material dust AND the pressure plate has visible branding stamped on it, you should be able to work out what it is by removing the lower inspection cover (big round rubber thing) and inserting your optic probe (of course including integrated lighting). Given, however, that such devices are at least a couple of thousand dollars I expect its fairly unlikely you can do this, however...

The other thing you could try is using a small mirror on a telescopic wand to view the pressure plate through the lower inspection hole, and remove one of the top breather snorkels to provide access for light from a torch or similar (a small light on the end of a flexible arm would be even better). You'll definitely need the assistance of a friend for this one, though.

mustang21

Crunching Gears
First Name
ray
Drive
97 Legnum
If you have a flexible optic-fibre inspection probe AND the inside of your transmission isn't covered in friction material dust AND the pressure plate has visible branding stamped on it, you should be able to work out what it is by removing the lower inspection cover (big round rubber thing) and inserting your optic probe (of course including integrated lighting). Given, however, that such devices are at least a couple of thousand dollars I expect its fairly unlikely you can do this, however...

The other thing you could try is using a small mirror on a telescopic wand to view the pressure plate through the lower inspection hole, and remove one of the top breather snorkels to provide access for light from a torch or similar (a small light on the end of a flexible arm would be even better). You'll definitely need the assistance of a friend for this one, though.

I would just like to say, WOW. Best reply ever. Props.

Top Bottom