Kind of group buy but not really: Hard intercooler piping kits

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Received a rough quote today on getting piping made up to replace all the rubber intercooler piping on the car, to suit an Evo cooler (although you could also make it suit the stock one I guess) - was told $2-300. I asked if it would be possible to make several sets and was told that would not be an issue at all.

I have seen the work these guys do and it is decent. Not "super-show-car-shiny-100%!", but good solid work.

Before I go back for more information (what materials are to be used etc) I thought I'd canvas everyone here and see if anyone is interested.

Let me know guys!

ps. I'll also be asking about front pipes when I go back...

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
id definetly be interested.

Newbie question tho. why an evo cooler?
I didn't realise they would fit.

EDIT: Also interested in front pipes.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yep they're the pipes I'm referring to. Basically replacing anything you can squeeze (including the bottom ones that you can't see).... That means I'd be retaining the plastic bit on the cold side - don't see a real need to replace it.

Evo cooler because they are cheap and very good quality. You'd also be able to use a "stock replacement" Evo style cooler if you wanted.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
As a comparison, mine are genuine Cusco pipes which will set you back around $600 with the current exchange rate...

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
would that include any sillicone joiners or anything? damn things like this, i always tell myself ill just get a tune and thatll be it for performance oriented mods

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
it cost me $400 for the same pipes and joiners as brad so that is a very good price

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
would that include any sillicone joiners or anything? damn things like this, i always tell myself ill just get a tune and thatll be it for performance oriented mods

I'm not sure. It might, I'll find out before going ahead with it.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Tim just bought my evo cooler; so I wouldn't expect to much going ahead with this.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
would be interested in it but will let you know asap as im going to get a guy local to give me a price on all my piping so i can fit up an evo 9 cooler. hopefully ill get back to you by friday

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Would be interested in the three top ones depending on pricing.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Hmm I missed all those posts. My bad.

I'm looking to do this once my Silvia is back together. That's likely to be around 2 months from now, but it may well be sooner. Now that I know there's interest, I'll be sure to update this thread when things happen.

Top Bottom