What Rims for your VR4 - the "do they look pretty" thread

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
So many people have asked me that haha.

Originally I was going to swap them with a mate, but I don't have a need for another set of wheels now as I'm selling my project silvia. So they will go up for sale to the highest bidder!

I think you'll find its mostly Taylor asking you on here and facebook.

munkywrench

Idling at the Lights
First Name
tony
Drive
legnum VR4
Same over here.

Previously I had 17 x 9 + 30 with a 235/45/17 tyre and there was plenty of room for Brembos to clear. That was with R33 GTR wheels. My new wheels however only clear the Brembos by a few mm. It's not about the sizing when talking about brake clearance it has alot to do with the wheel design.

In saying that, here's the first pic I have of my new wheels that I am in love with!

Work XD9's in 18 x 9 +30 with 235/40/18 tyres

I'll get some better fitment photos up when I have the chance to take some, for now I only have a few crappy iPhone pics

This is great info, looks good. XD9s not for me though, and heavy XT7 only clear in 9.5 +30 (don't quote me on this) and even then probably only just.

It is the front poke I am concerned about.
Rear should be OK

In NZ the tread shoulder must be inside the guard for a wof or cert.
I have tracked down a few cars running 18x9 +30 now. most show pretty heavily pulled front guards, but they are lowered onto the tyre wall too.
Thats not what I am after.

Just to clarify, my facelift galant has pfl guards. ie. it never got the plastic flares.

Did you need to roll or pull fronts? trim the arch extensions? Add camber?

Thanks for any help or extra photos (co* guard clearance front *ugh hehe).

munkywrench

Idling at the Lights
First Name
tony
Drive
legnum VR4
Do you know what camber you are at? NZ engineers cert (required for coilovers) only allows factory max +0.5 degrees.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Damn looking mighty ambitious at this point... good luckk

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
17x9+25/30 I'm not sure which, since the rims are too clear on it. Gonna fit some 235/45/R17's on em once I get ma coils.

WOW, i honestly thought they are more than 9'' wide looks 10'' or something like that or offset alot less than +30.
Because i always thought that would sit nice because those spec's are like the R33 GTR wheels, and those sit okay, i know yours is in the air (test fit) but looks different spec's - thats going off my eyes haha
Good luck

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Air test is useless skip. At least jack the rim up to normal height.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Lol, ok bbs EVO 9 power pack rims on trigger legnum, what colour?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
zero-f blue or the EF falcon blue we talk about all the time

Top Bottom