What's with Rego plates?

Tappara

Crunching Gears
First Name
H
Drive
2002 Legnum VR-4 TT
Some weeks ago saw a largish Mummy Truck (4WD which never leaves asphalt) with Rego BU11EY (or similar spelling)
Ammhh, we know that, why advertise it further.

Then saw a Holden Pick-Up Truck (aka Ute) with large Chevy badge at the rear and Rego OZ6LV8 or sumfin.
Hu? Serious identiy conflict there.

Regardless, they both made me smile. Guess that was the reason for them?

G

Unregistered
I saw a 4WD yesterday that had plates looked properly made, but were not a usual format we use here in Victoria and there was no state written on them.

It also had a sticker on the car saying something like "provincial common law" and a long printed note stuck to the windscreen where the rego sticker usually goes.

Has this guy declared his own breakaway province and getting around without paying rego? :D

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
haha yeah there are some pretty stupid plates going around...

The other day i seen a new bmw x3 with an asian lady driving plates were PUZ11... i had a lil chuckle :p
then today my mate posted pics of a lil 2dr barina, the bubble shaped one, with plates IS NICE and a kluger with GET WET haha and almost a year ago i seen a hilux with a big fat guy driving it plate said SI69ER haha

Tappara

Crunching Gears
First Name
H
Drive
2002 Legnum VR-4 TT
I saw a 4WD yesterday that had plates looked properly made, but were not a usual format we use here in Victoria and there was no state written on them.

It also had a sticker on the car saying something like "provincial common law" and a long printed note stuck to the windscreen where the rego sticker usually goes.

Has this guy declared his own breakaway province and getting around without paying rego? :D

Haha good one. Like the other ones too.
Quite often (in Syd) I see these cardboard "plates" with hand written text "Traffic" with various spelling options. Apparently that used to be lawful method for new cars when driven from Dealer to RTA - up until -70s.... ?

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
Personalised rego plates in general piss me off, mainly because they tend to state the obvious (eg. 330ci on a BMW 330ci) or "I KNOW" on a BMW M3 for example (gold). Rarely though, there are those that are kind of cool and one can appreciate.

I saw on older gent driving a later model Mercedes once and his registration was "AT LAST" :)

The other thing that does my head in are the retarded number plate surrounds such as "Help Dad farted and we're trapped!" or "Yes it's fast and no you can't drive it!" which seem to feature on cars that are simply not fast, e.g. the diesel Holden Cruze I think it is down the road from my work.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I would hate my own personalised plate due to the following:

1. It has my name on it
2. It has the car on it

but it makes for a nice pun, so I like it: MOOVR-4

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
i personal number plate is a nice thing to have, but not worth the extra your paying for it, id rather even the yellow old nugget plates haha.

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
A guy around the corner from me has [2DR GTR] on a Statesman

G

Unregistered
Haha good one. Like the other ones too.
Quite often (in Syd) I see these cardboard "plates" with hand written text "Traffic" with various spelling options. Apparently that used to be lawful method for new cars when driven from Dealer to RTA - up until -70s.... ?

I once seen a Beat Up VN commodore with the cardboard numberplate "In Tow" being flat towed by another VN using a piece of rope.This was going along Pennant Hills road doing 80kmh.The bogan in the car getting towed still had his window down, arm out, with his sick commodore lean on. piss funny to see.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
^ I know the exact spot this photo was taken, & turning right like that Galant is doing can be a right bitch due to banking up of traffic. Sounds to me the cyclist decided to go around it all in the left lane & then cut across at the last minute to turn right in front of the car. This happens a lot there at that intersection so I'm surprised more cyclists haven't had the bird flipped at them.

G

Unregistered
I don't even want to get started on cyclists...No offence to anyone who rides but in my experience 9/10 of them are knobs.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I don't even want to get started on cyclists...No offence to anyone who rides but in my experience 9/10 of them are knobs.

Agree

skyrex

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Blake
Drive
Ralliart Colt
Never been one for personal plates. Came close to ordering one when I was younger and more stupiderer, but then came to the realisation the RTA takes more than enough money on just rego/tax alone, and the roads still don't get any better while the taxes keep rising. They can get fked until the existing roads start getting better service than just plugging holes...

G

Unregistered
Queensland Is good because you just pay once and they are yours to keep for good.I have been tempted to buy a number of plates when they have their limited promotions on.Sometimes they release 7 letter plates for A certain day of the year, or certain layouts or designs.So many good ideas for 7 letter plates you could probably sell later for a fair bit of profit.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Personalised rego plates in general piss me off, mainly because they tend to state the obvious (eg. 330ci on a BMW 330ci) or "I KNOW" on a BMW M3 for example (gold).

I don't mind when its something a little different so you are telling people what it is. I don't have any VR4 badges on my car so I have VR4 as the number plate. Would you rather plates like HEKTIC or WETYET or some other shitty plate. VR4 was better than 987735 or what ever my other plate was and it only cost me $120. I guess its one of those each to their own things.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I don't mind when its something a little different so you are telling people what it is. I don't have any VR4 badges on my car so I have VR4 as the number plate. Would you rather plates like HEKTIC or WETYET or some other shitty plate. VR4 was better than 987735 or what ever my other plate was and it only cost me $120. I guess its one of those each to their own things.

Sounds like a good plate to me and you definitely are not stating the obvious

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom