• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
Can some one please photoshop my wheels gold bronze white and black not sure which way to go?

Attachments

• my wagon.jpg
    my wagon.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 127

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
planing on coilovers before too long and also goin to do paulies front lip mod and eventually fmic

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'd seriously lower it before changing the wheel colour. Dropping the height would completely change the look of the car, and you need to be sure that the colour you're choosing works with the new look.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Can I say, if you are doing it yourself, and you are going a color that has to be mixed, be prepared for it to cost a whole lot more than you would anticipate. Get a figure in your head then double it. Mine, not including my own time, has cost me Just on $400. that is sandblasting, 8 cans of primer, 6 cans of clear and 8 cans of base coat.

I am up to the wet sanding and polishing stage. And can I tell you, of you want a flat, glass-like finish like I am trying to achieve, be prepared for AT LEAST 3-4 hours per rim.

Back on topic. I vote black. If you go a non metallic, gloss(ish) paint, you will find it easier imo.

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
I've got someone to do it for me including remove and repace tyres for $400 leaning towards black or colour matched pearl white!!

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
Had full boot of beer and softdrink this is bout the height I want the rear.
lowered.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i vote pearl purple

pearl_purple.jpg

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Can I say, if you are doing it yourself, and you are going a color that has to be mixed, be prepared for it to cost a whole lot more than you would anticipate. Get a figure in your head then double it. Mine, not including my own time, has cost me Just on $400. that is sandblasting, 8 cans of primer, 6 cans of clear and 8 cans of base coat.

I am up to the wet sanding and polishing stage. And can I tell you, of you want a flat, glass-like finish like I am trying to achieve, be prepared for AT LEAST 3-4 hours per rim.

Back on topic. I vote black. If you go a non metallic, gloss(ish) paint, you will find it easier imo.

Um, why didnt you save yourself the hassle and get them powder coated?

G

Unregistered
Coz it is nice to say you did the work yourself and be proud of it!!!!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I'd seriously lower it before changing the wheel colour. Dropping the height would completely change the look of the car, and you need to be sure that the colour you're choosing works with the new look.

this is true.

once u have it at a better height, chances are the wheels will be very sunken. put that money towards some new rims or spacers.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Save your money, get 9" wide wheels in the colour you want and coilovers :)

$400 goes a long way to a new set of wheels.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Coz it is nice to say you did the work yourself and be proud of it!!!!

This is correct.

Plus, good luck getting rims powder coated in HD Black Cherry for $400! Also, you dont get the same mirror/flat finish with PC'ing.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Save your money, get 9" wide wheels in the colour you want and coilovers :)

$400 goes a long way to a new set of wheels.

Correct. But imo, you would need at least 1k for anything "decent", then you need tyres. I personally was on a budget. I also get to put m tres back on.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
+1 for white or black :)

G

Unregistered
Yes i'm with you trevor, i probaly going to do the same colour as you if thats ok??? What did u sand your wheels with after you putthe base coat on??? Or did u sand and polish after the clear coat??? I'm not a very good painter, but i will give it a go..Maybe i should just go with an easy colour like black!!!!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Yes i'm with you trevor, i probaly going to do the same colour as you if thats ok??? What did u sand your wheels with after you putthe base coat on??? Or did u sand and polish after the clear coat??? I'm not a very good painter, but i will give it a go..Maybe i should just go with an easy colour like black!!!!

Sending PM.

Top Bottom