Who wants to be a back-up car for this weekends flash tuning? (By Merlin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
First of all, those with any other ecu bar 7202 need not apply.

Chris (Fieldy) is touch and go as a result of a damaged oil filter stem he discovered yesterday. So i need another car.

Merlin is here on Saturday only and has been booked to flash 4 cars. The cost is $450 so only apply if you have the CASH!

The people attending so far are:

Myself
Christian (Nautika)
Josh (Frozen)
Rob (TTVR4 as a spectator/student lol)
Chris (Fieldy, no a non certain)

Like i said though, this is a backup only so please dont apply if your heart will be broken when i dont call you by Friday :blush:

Please PM me or post your interest here.

Trev

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Gonna try really hard to have my car ready but if I have to source a new oil filter stem from outside Australia I might not be ready in time. Anyone know how fast its possible to have things sent from NZ?

G

Unregistered
Hey Trev,

I don't wanna participate but I may join Rob if that's cool?
What are the deets?

Cheers,
Shamren.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Sham, it is fine for you to come along, not a prob!

It is this Saturday 830am at Ashmore. I will PM you the address when i decide which factory we will be working out of.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
You wont get anything from NZ before Friday mate.

Is the wreckers still an option? I am sorry but i have not been following what you can actually do for a replacement or what other mitsi shares the same part.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
wreckers could be an option, haven't found one who has the part yet though. Maybe its not as bad as I first thought though, called NRMA for a tow to the mechanics today and the service guy came to look at it first. The service guy managed to get it on tight enough for it not to leak oil, so I drove it over to the mechanics and they will be looking at it tomorrow. I told them I really need the car this weekend and that it would be awesome if they could repair it, even if only temporarily until next service when I have a replacement ready. Its only the first 5-10mm of thread on the stem that is rooted, so if they can get it to screw on past that damaged part, it should be sweet. Got all my shit crossed, hoping not to miss this tune day~!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just in case my plan doesn't go ahead.. you can try the wreckers and just buy the thread out of the following cars..

Mazda Bravo / B2600
FTO GR/GPX
HJ Galant V6
Lancer CA to CJ (alot of 4G series motors use the Z411, Z56B & Z142A)

they all use the same filter, that should make things easier..

so you can just go to the wreckers and see if you can just get the thread replacement..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Mods, please close this thread. We have our 4 peps again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom