• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Chris, people aren't interchanging terms, they refer to the dump as the pipe from rear of turbo to the first flange, which is horizontal and quite close to the turbo. The down pipe is the whole section from each dump pipe to the cat. I guess you could also call the down pipe a front pipe if you will.

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but does anyone make aftermarket "dump" pipes for our cars?

Speaking to MEEK, they're suggesting that EVO3 style dumps would be compatible.
Can anyone confirm that they use similar turbos / TD-03's?

maybe one but we have 2 different DUMP pipes on our cars

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
RPW told me his week when I enquired that for $450 you get the front and dump pipes. So there ya go!

So compatible with aftermarket swaybars but not lower brace? I that the full story?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
RPW told me his week when I enquired that for $450 you get the front and dump pipes. So there ya go!

So compatible with aftermarket swaybars but not lower brace? I that the full story?

They told me that whoever takes their Legnum/Galant their for dumps will be the first and the vehicle will be needed for 3-5 days.
I'm happy for someone else to go first...

I'm hoping/looking for an off the shelf set from somewhere whilst my cars in the workshop elsewhere.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Pfft! Fuck that, I'll buy it off the shelf and get kermit to put it in for me.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Just don''t give them your car! All they do is break things... buy parts and get them installed somewhere else!

x17x had his fitted at RPW, we got back to my place, had 1 beer and found a huge transmission oil leak!!! They aren't cheap either, $100 to fit them! Mettham does the same for $40...

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
(Sorry to hijack thread) Decided nt to get front/dumps at all. Gonna' wait until I upgrade ze turbos I think. $400-$500 for little gain if I'm just going to replace it soon.

Top Bottom